[Davis Democrats] Christopher Cabaldon event May 29, candidate in Dem primary for State Assembly--invite from DDC member, Bob Schneider

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sat May 26 18:32:59 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Bob Schneider <verve2006 at comcast.net>

Subject: Christopher Cabaldon event May 29

 May 16, 2007

Folks,

Attached is a flyer on the event that we are co-hosting with several
prominent Yolo County conservation leaders.  The event is on May 29, 6-8 PM
at 2402 Westernesse Rd, Davis.  I hope that you will join us for some good
food and fun.  Please forward this notice to your friends and lists.

Christopher Cabaldon is running for the State Assembly.  I am supporting
Christopher and encourage you to also support him.  Christopher is by far
the strongest environmental candidate; he works hard for education and for
his constituents.  He is incredibly effective.  It is vitally important to
have a representative in Sacramento that gets things done.

I had the pleasure of serving with Christopher on the Central Valley Water
Board.  Christopher consistently took strong stands to protect water
quality.  Often, his reasoned summary of issues and policy convinced Board
members to support the strongest actions for clean water.

Christopher was a strong supporter of the Cache Creek Wild and Scenic
legislation and led the way on the Sacramento Blue Print project and the US
Mayor¹s Climate Protection Agreement.   The Blue Print project is one of the
strongest tools for protecting Yolo County farmland and stopping sprawl.

Christopher will work hard on all issues of interest to his constituents.
And, he will be a strong environmental advocate following in the footsteps
of Lois Wolk.  His core values are our values and I encourage you to learn
about his work.  It is impressive.  His web site is www.cabaldon.org
<http://www.cabaldon.org/> .

I hope you can attend the event at my home on May 29th.  We will have great
food and drinks, good cheer and a fun time!

Cheers,
Bob Schneider
530-304-6215

³Mayor Cabaldon was an early signatory of the groundbreaking U.S. Mayors
Climate Protection Agreement that spurred major local governmental action
against global warming and greenhouse gas emissions after President Bush
refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol,² said Huffman, Chair of the Assembly
Environmental Safety & Toxic Materials Committee.  ³When Robert Redford and
other national leaders on climate change have assembled city leaders from
across the nation to mobilize on this critical issue, they¹ve called upon
Christopher Cabaldon to get the job done.  A staunch advocate for green
building, energy efficiency, renewable resources, and transportation
alternatives, Christopher is the best environmentalist to succeed Lois Wolk
in the Assembly.²