[Davis Democrats] One Nation, One Moment, One Action-U.S.Rep.Jerry McNerney (D-Stockton)

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon May 28 17:13:33 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Congressman Jerry McNerney <info at jerrymcnerney.org>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:35:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: One Nation, One Moment, One Action

 <http://www.jerrymcnerney.org>
           One Nation, One Moment, One Action

Today is Memorial Day, a time to recognize and honor the men and women who
have given their lives in service to our nation for over two centuries, from
the American Revolution to the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
While this day is always a solemn national event, I know many Americans are
feeling a profound sense of pain on this particular Memorial Day. The
thoughts and feelings you have expressed to me about how to support our
troops in this time of war -- in-person at my "Congress At Your Corner"
events, by phone, through email, or in the hundreds of comments on my blog
-- is a reflection of that deep sentiment. While our country may be divided
about how best to support our troops in these conflicts abroad, this day is
about uniting to remember those who have given their all to our nation.
Today, you can join millions of your fellow Americans in reconciliation and
respect by observing the "National Moment of Remembrance," a national minute
of silence at 3 p.m. local time. As Moment of Remembrance founder Carmella
LaSpada says, this is "a way we can all help put the 'memorial' back in
Memorial Day."
 We have a duty as Americans to remember the people who have sacrificed for
our country. And, we also have a duty to take care of returning veterans
whose body, mind or spirit may be wounded in the conflicts they fight
abroad. That's why I've recently led the effort to pass legislation that
will significantly increase funding and research into Traumatic Brain Injury
(or "TBI"), often caused by roadside bomb explosions. Last year, I asked you
on Memorial Day to financially support a grassroots organization called
"Operation Helmet," which provided special blast-protective headgear to
troops in combat to prevent TBI. Your generosity -- and the response by
thousands of other Americans -- was so profound that Operation Helmet
recently announced that it no longer needed to solicit donations. This year,
no matter your feelings about the war, I want to ask you to join together
again in collective action to heal our soldiers and our nation. Bob
Woodruff, the former ABC News anchor who suffered a serious brain injury
after a roadside bomb explosion last year, has founded the Bob Woodruff
Family Fund for Traumatic Brain Injury to help soldiers suffering from TBI
to receive cognitive rehabilitation. http://www.bobwoodrufffamilyfund.org/
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=9cjqnacab.0.oqcvnacab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0253&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.bobwoodrufffamilyfund.org%2F> On behalf of all the veterans
who continue to suffer the ill effects of these horrific injuries, today I
would like you to seriously consider making a contribution of whatever
amount you can afford to the Bob Woodruff Family Fund for Traumatic Brain
Injury.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=9cjqnacab.0.oqcvnacab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0253&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.bobwoodrufffamilyfund.org%2F>  Rest assured that contributions
to the Woodruff Family Fund will actually go to the cause of caring for our
veterans. When you click the "Donations" link at the web site above, you
will be redirected to the Brain Injury Association of America. Under the
section titled "Program Area," please click the scroll bar to select "Bob
Woodruff Family Fund for TBI" as the recipient of your donation. Thank you
for your time and consideration of this important request on this solemn
day. Sincerely, P.S. Many of you have recently asked me how we can save the
veterans hospital facility in Livermore from closing due to U.S. Department
of Veterans Affairs federal budget cutbacks. Rest assured that I will
continue to focus my energy on keeping the Livermore VA hospital open and
potentially expand its services to help veterans suffering from
post-traumatic stress disorder. With growing support for my PTSD proposal
for Livermore from major newspapers across our region, there is a growing
consensus that keeping the Livermore VA open and reshaping its mission would
be in the best interests of our veterans. You can read those newspapers
editorials and other posts on my efforts to keep the Livermore VA open by
clicking here to read the "Veterans Affairs" section of my campaign blog.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=9cjqnacab.0.pqcvnacab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0253&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fweblog.jerrymcnerney.com%2Fveterans_affairs%2Findex.html>

    email: info at jerrymcnerney.org
     web: http://www.jerrymcnerney.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=9cjqnacab.0.8ekoeqbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0253&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org>

FORWARD this email to your friends, family and neighbors!
<http://eaui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.
org&a=1101673276506>

 <http://eaui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.
org&se=9778&t=1101673276506&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at jerrymcnerney.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://eaui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.o
rg&se=9778&t=1101673276506&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://eaui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.o
rg&se=9778&t=1101673276506&lang=en&reason=F> £ | Privacy Policy
<http://eaui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=business03>  by
 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=business03>

McNerney for Congress | P.O. Box 12022 | Pleasanton | CA | 94588