[Davis Democrats] Against media consolidation

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon Nov 19 17:55:37 PST 2007

Subject:  Democrats fighting against   media consolidation

Please contact the FCC Chairman & Commissioners regarding
Republican-appointed  Chairman
Martin's plan to allow more media monopolization of American airwaves and
newspapers...respond by Dec. 11th.

What we really  need is the opposite: media regulation as in FDR's New Deal
legislation of 1934.

We can not maintain an informed citizenry with  more deregulation as in
Reaganomics: enough mindless big-brother pablum is enough. Already 80% of
political talk-radio is  owned by six huge multinational corporations.

(Martin is proceeding with his plans, regardless of the fact that
testimony at recent public meetings proves that We the People do not
want more consolidation.)

You can check out the info on Bill Moyers/PBS website:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal

or go directly to the website to contact the FCC:

http://www.fcc.gov/contacts.html

John Chendo