[Davis Democrats] Last 2 days of Iraq documentary at Varsity Theatre -downtown 2nd Street

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Sep 19 19:24:06 PDT 2007

"No End in Sight," a calm documentary by Charles Ferguson about the three
months,May-July,2003, following our conquest of Iraq, is at the Varsity
Theatre, our independent moviehouse on 2nd Street downtown, for just 2 more
days.

Featuring interviews with our U.S. Ambassador Ms. Boudine; General Jay
Garner, head of "post-war" reconstruction efforts before L.Paul Bremer
arrived; Col.Lawrence Wilkerson,aide to Colin Powell; Gen. Erik Shinseki;
and Iraqi leaders. The evidence seems to indicate that absence of planning
for reconstruction led quickly to a "war of all against all" in Thomas
Hobbes' phrase. There were good and competent  Americans, whose experience,
views, and talents were disregarded.