[Davis Democrats] DNC: Howard Dean-Our first ad vs. Republican subsidies to the already rich

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Apr 22 09:13:36 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Howard Dean <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:35:22 -0400
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Our first ad

  Dear John,
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/6fa04118b2f13a58/YsEHq8/VEsH/> John McCain
believes we're better off economically today than we were eight years ago.
The American people know that's not true -- they're feeling the effects of
high gas prices, lost jobs, and a housing crisis.  Voters continually rank
the economy as their biggest concern.   So this week we're planning to
release our first national television ad of the presidential race to show
the American people just how wrong John McCain is on the economy.  We're
also strengthening our local organizing efforts to make sure the American
people really know how little John McCain understands the economy.   We need
$500,000 to help pay for ads like the one we plan to air this week, fund
organizers in your state and build a national infrastructure to help Hillary
or Barack win the White House.  Can you help us raise $500,000? If you can,
then millions of Americans will get to see and hear the real John McCain in
his own words -- and we'll be building for victory in November.   Click here
to see our first ad of the presidential race:
http://www.democrats.org/support
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/6fa04118b2f13a58/YsEHq8/VEsE/>    John
McCain is on the record as saying the economy is something he really doesn't
understand as well as he should. It shows.   Unemployment is up.  Gas and
food prices are up.  Inflation is on the rise.  The housing market is in a
slump.  The pundits are saying we're in the worst economic mess in decades.
But John McCain keeps defending his friend George Bush, saying everything is
just fine.   Providing tax cuts for the wealthy, allowing oil and gas
companies to make huge windfall profits and turning a blind eye to the
problems in the home lending market -- these are John McCain's solutions.
American families can't afford four more years of failed Bush economic
policies.   Your support today allows us to get this spot on the air across
the country.  We want to do this right -- please take a moment now to watch
the ad and then make a contribution:   http://www.democrats.org/support
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/6fa04118b2f13a58/YsEHq8/VEsF/>    John
McCain and the Republican Party hope we'll forget about the mismanagement of
the last eight years.  They're working hard to distract Americans from
getting to know the real John McCain, and the Republican spin machine is
working overtime.  While John McCain is out trying to reintroduce himself to
the American people, we want to make sure voters have all the facts -- and
have the chance to know the real John McCain.   Your support to help us
raise $500,000 means we can start distributing the ad on national television
this week, while putting additional resources into our 50-state strategy.
We'll make sure Americans hear John McCain in his own words. And the more we
raise, the more voters we can reach with this and other spots.   Thanks for
your support,  Howard Dean

  <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/6fa04118b2f13a58/YsEHq8/VEsC/>

 Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/6fa04118b2f13a58/n4OhQC/VEsD/> .
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.

DNC, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003