[Davis Democrats] Dem Senatorial Campaign Committee: stop gutter politics in North Carolina

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sat Apr 26 17:04:34 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "J.B. Poersch" <info at dscc.org>

Subject: Despicable

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=cKEeVodPNml8T8%2B7YidhK
8ir8zO88TvP>

  Dear John ,

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UnEgoh86SQknLOBzg03mTsi
r8zO88TvP> There's a despicable new TV ad paid for by the North Carolina
Republican Party that's earning swift and severe rebukes - even from
Republicans.

 John McCain called the personal attacks "offensive" and said "there's no
place for that kind of campaigning."  The Republican National Committee -
never one to be delicate - asked the state party to stop running the spot.
One TV station even refused to run this "inflammatory" ad.

 Republican Senator Elizabeth Dole has the power to stop this garbage.  One
call to her friends at the North Carolina Republican Party takes this ad off
the air forever.

 But she won't even lift a finger.  She claims she can't do anything about a
"third party," but that's hogwash.  This is her state party and it has
already donated nearly $50,000 to Dole's campaigns and has been playing an
active role in her reelection race.  Her claims that she's not "involved"
ring hollow.

 Senator Dole has two choices: convince her friends at the state party to
take this disgusting ad off the air or return their filthy money. Join the
DSCC today as we demand action from Senator Dole.  Refusing to do anything
only condones this kind of gutter politics that has already turned off so
many voters.

 Click here to tell Senator Dole to stop the offensive ad or return the
state party's money.  North Carolina deserves better than gutter politics.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aUu7HuJ8Hf4NGuNK3pNe4Mi
r8zO88TvP>

 Look, I know that everyone - Republican and Democrat - is trying to win in
November.  And sometimes, we're going to throw some sharp elbows as we try
to draw distinctions between us and them.

 But there's a difference between disagreements on policy and these
degrading and divisive personal attacks.  The people of North Carolina
deserve better.

 It's time for Elizabeth Dole to step in.

 Sincerely,
 J.B. Poersch

 P.S. Click here to tell Senator Dole to stop the offensive ad or return the
state party's money.  North Carolina deserves better than gutter politics.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=J%2BW23FfdZ99%2BZjBCqDI
%2B5Mir8zO88TvP>

 Tell your friends and family to sign our petition asking Senator Dole to
step in.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=s0d2x%2FWjEwuv5jwSYjoAf
cir8zO88TvP>

 If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xb7OHKO1sLuLkBRohXHpDMi
r8zO88TvP>

Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, http://dscc.org,
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.