[Davis Democrats] Senator Max Cleland, disabled Viet Nam vet-combat the whispering serpentine campaign of the Republican profiteers

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Aug 13 15:34:21 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sen. Max Cleland" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:21:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: The whispering

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z6lf4DKKOcIhdgAryXY943%
2BhDqDyGbYY>

 Dear John ,

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Sf2w5GzNxKvSbxANjiNiJn%
2BhDqDyGbYY>                                      Our opponents put my
picture next to Osama bin Laden and said I wouldn't keep America safe.  They
told us to ignore John Kerry's combat medals.  And now, they're whispering
about Barack Obama.

                                  You and I know this kind of garbage is
coming soon to Senate races around the country.  It's despicable, but it
sometimes works.  This is what's standing in the way of a filibuster-proof
Senate majority that will help Barack Obama change this country.  With your
help, the DSCC is the organization fighting against it.

 If they're going to stop these attacks, the DSCC needs to meet its $1.1
million August goal.  I know you're doing everything you can to make sure
they meet all their goals, but they need your help once again today.

                                  Act before the historic Democratic
convention starts on August 25, and a group of our senators will match your
gift, dollar-for-dollar.  Once that convention is over, it's full speed
ahead to Election Day.

                                  Click here to make an immediate
contribution of $25, $50 or more to the DSCC.  They stand up to right-wing
trash, but they need our help to do it.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iHvgt%2B0fEzSa8FUMkjj7H
3%2BhDqDyGbYY>

 I know we all want to put an end to this kind of gutter politics.
Everywhere I go, I meet people who are thirsting for sweeping change in this
country.

                                  What really matters to the Democratic
Party is helping people who need it and tackling the big problems.  If we
give Barack Obama that filibuster-proof majority, the Republicans won't be
able to stop us from changing policy in Iraq, reducing gas prices by
diversifying our energy policy, or dramatically expanding access to health
care in this country.

 Those are the real reasons we're all working so hard, but they won't mean
anything if we let the smear campaigns work because we don't have the
resources to fight back.  That's why it's so critical that we all do our
parts to help the DSCC meet its $1.1 million August goal.

 I know you've been doing your part.  For that you have my sincere
gratitude.  But the DSCC can't meet this goal without your renewed support.
Remember, give before August 25, and your contribution will be doubled.

                                  Click here to make an immediate
contribution of $25, $50 or more to the DSCC.  They stand up to right-wing
trash, but they need our help to do it.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IX0Xn%2FRVzvuvxv%2FnCq%
2FoB3%2BhDqDyGbYY>

                                  We are at the brink of an amazing,
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring a massive wave of change to this
country.  Voters across America are demanding the common sense, real-world
solutions Democrats are famous for.

 If we succeed in deflecting the attacks, we'll win.  And after we win,
there's no telling what we can do.

 I'm not going to take their smears or their lies anymore.  I know you wont
either. Please make another contribution today.

 Sincerely,
 Max Cleland

 Help the DSCC fight against gutter politics.  Give by August 25 and your
contribution will be doubled.

 If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9pO1aNQUOWZUuXGNUJbDqX%
2BhDqDyGbYY>

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=r%2BmlKxRXk5%2F8%2FlDT6
ZFje3%2BhDqDyGbYY>

Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, http://dscc.org,
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.