[Davis Democrats] Good news about present club members

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Fri Aug 22 14:13:26 PDT 2008

Dear Davis Democratic Club Members (DDC),

I have good news for the club.  Last night it was announced at the Club Ice
Cream Social, that Betty Weir, our club Treasurer, and Jerry Kaneko, club
Past President, were both seriously ill.  Betty is the Grand Dame of the
Yolo County and Davis Democrats at the newly minted age of 93 (Birthday was
this past week).  Betty Weir is coming home from the hospital either today,
Friday, or tomorrow, Saturday.  She welcomes phone calls from her friends.
If you want to send get well cards or birthday cards to Betty, her address is:
Betty Weir
877 Linden Lane
Davis, CA  95616

Jerry Kaneko is "out of the woods," words from Teresa Kaneko.  Jerry is one
of three gracious hosts (the other two being his wife Teresa and his cat
Emily) of the Annual DDC Ice Cream Social.  Jerry also serves the club as
one of its Past President, an advisory DDC office.  If you want to send a
card to Jerry, his address is:
Jerry Kaneko
556 Reed Drive
Davis, CA  95616

We are all thankful and relieved that both of these patriarchs of the Davis
Democratic Club are on the road to recovery.  The club needs them and all of
our honored club elders.

A postscript on Mary Lou Hernandez, as soon as I hear something, the date
and time for the funeral or memorial service will be posted on this
e-mailing list.

Take care,

Richard
G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/   http://vme.net/bcards/bio.html
Phone: 530-VIV-VMEI or 530-848-8634

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis Democratic
Club, President of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc,
Secretary-Treasurer of the board of the Davis Progressive Business
Exchange and communications liason for the Independent Order of
Odd Fellows Chapter 169 and the Business Link of Woodland and Davis.

For public service to the Democratic Party of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2007 Williamson-Wier Award

Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Reedley - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, SVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, WBL, DPBE, or IOOF.