[Davis Democrats] Help save progressive talk...KSAC 1240AM(Sac), KKGN (San Fran), KRXA (Monterey)

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Feb 8 22:40:18 PST 2008

Subject: Help save progressive talk...KSAC (Sac), KKGN (San Fran), KRXA
(Monterey)

Hi,
Please pass this important info on to one & all...
Thx.

>From www.peterbcollins.com/challenge
<http://www.peterbcollins.com/challenge>

The Peter B. Challenge
An important message for supporters of Progressive Talk Radio:
We are at a very critical stage, and your activism is urgently needed.
Without more advertising dollars, Progressive Talk may not survive.
€ KRXA in Monterey, my flagship station of which I¹m part-owner, is a very
lean operation, but is barely breaking even. We just lost one of our
biggest, most loyal sponsors, which went out of business.
€ KKGN, Green 960 in San Francisco, recently added my show. But upper
management has made it clear that the station must be profitable by the end
of 2008 or they will change the format.
€ KSAC in Sacramento is the most valuable station in my roster. KSAC has
strong programming and competitive ratings, but is losing money. The station
just notified me and other program producers that it will change format in
May if business does not improve.
It¹s pretty simple: to save and sustain Progressive Talk, we need your help,
right now!
We need to bring new advertisers and fresh dollars to the stations, and to
my program. If we lose more stations, I will not be able to sustain my
syndicated program. The PBC Show needs to expand to 15 or 20 cities before
it is financially viable. If we lose Sacramento, it will be a serious
setback.
There¹s a three-step strategy that you can use to help us defeat this:
1. If you are in charge of advertising for a business of organization,
contact us immediately. Even if you¹ve never considered adding radio to your
promotional strategy, we can show you how it can be worked in to make your
job promoting your group or company so much easier. For a small business,
spending $500 a month on progressive radio can deliver excellent returns.
2. Go to any business you shop at, any website you look at, and any
organization you belong to and tell them it is time to advertise where
people like you listen. Tell them how many hours a day you have Progressive
Talk playing, and tell them that folks just like you really go out of your
way to patronize those groups and businesses that support Progressive Talk.
3. Finally, you¹ll want to practice what you¹ve been preaching: participate
in a Progressive Talk BUY-cott. Make sure to support any group that
interests you who you hear about via Progressive Talk, buy your goods and
pay for your services from businesses who advertise on Progressive Talk, and
every time you do, without exception, tell them that is why you are doing
it. This is far more effective than you can imagine, as most advertisers get
very little feedback on where they are getting their customers from, so they
give this kind of reporting a lot of weight.
It¹s just that simple. To sum up:
 1. Advertise on Progressive Talk if you have any way or excuse to do so,
 2. Tell everyone you do business with in person or online to support
Progressive Talk with their advertising dollars, and,
 3. Tell every Progressive Talk advertiser you interact with that you are
there because of their Progressive Talk ad campaign.
Just like that, you can save a program, a station, a format and a nation.
Thanks for your support!
Peter B
© 2006 peterbcollins.com