[Davis Democrats] The presidential campaign-Howard Dean, DNC Chair

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Feb 13 07:00:10 PST 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Howard Dean <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:24:32 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.davis.ca.us>
Subject: The presidential campaign

  Dear John,  <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5702041233be1000/z4J1kH/>
There's a lot being said about the primary process right now. I wanted to
reach out to you and let you know how things look from where I stand.First,
I think we'll have a nominee before the convention. It's still early, and
there are plenty of voters who still haven't weighed in.I also think that
we're fortunate to have two fantastic candidates that people are excited
about -- we've consistently had record turnout across the country, and
whoever wins will have the support of a healthy Party that's ready to fight.
Hillary and Barack are meeting voters in places that don't typically get to
see our candidates so closely, and that's good for both of them come
November.They're both campaigning hard, and it's great to see such
excitement for two great candidates -- I'm excited about them, too.But while
our process continues to play out, we can't afford to sit around and wait.
We must start right now -- we can't let John McCain get a head start. While
the pundits on TV talk about what it all means, we can get to work. We know
who we're up against - now we need the resources to compete. We know who
we're up against -- now we need the resources to compete. Make a
contribution right now to help us fight back:
http://www.democrats.org/FightMcCain
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5702041233be1000/z4J1kH/> Don't be fooled,
John McCain isn't a "maverick" at all. He's loved by the media, but he'll be
a disaster for our country.He's been a vocal supporter of George Bush's
strategy in Iraq, and he's said that he wants to be there for another
hundred years. He's committed to appointing judges who will overturn Roe v.
Wade and privatizing Social Security. And he's admitted that he doesn't
understand the economy, which would leave millions of Americans struggling
to make ends meet.He's so bad that U.S. News and World Report recently
revealed that the White House is thrilled to have John McCain picking up
where they're leaving off...
> What's behind President Bush's expansive praise for John McCain? The president
> has become convinced that McCain will be an effective and strong defender of
> the Bush legacy in the general election campaign this fall, White House
> advisers to U.S. News. [...] In an interview broadcast yesterday on FOX News
> Sunday, Bush went further than he ever has in analyzing the 2008 presidential
> race. He came close to endorsing McCain outright, praising him more than he
> did McCain's competitor in the race, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
>
> [...]White House officials tell U.S. News that Bush is eager to help McCain as
> the party standard-bearer, mainly in three areas: helping to rally
> conservatives behind McCain, raising money for the Republican Party, and
> framing the political debate to portray the Democrats as tax-and-spend
> liberals who would prematurely remove U.S. troops from Iraq and endanger
> national security.
John McCain gives George Bush the third term he always wanted. Help us fight
back by making a contribution today:http://www.democrats.org/FightMcCain
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5702041233be1000/z4J1kH/> Three years ago
this week, I became chairman of the DNC. Since then, you've been with me
every step of the way as we've rebuilt the Party from the ground up, in all
50 states. You contributed, knocked on doors, made phone calls, and you've
done everything you could make our Party and our country better than it was
when we started.Today, we're seeing record turnout in primaries across the
country, and we have two historic candidates that we couldn't be happier
with. It's because of you -- and all that you've done since the darkest days
after our loss in 2004 -- that made this possible. And it's because of you
that we're going to beat John McCain in November.Thanks for everything
you've done,Howard Dean

 <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5702041233be1000/z4J1kH/>

 Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5702041233be1000/ApWtEK/>
.
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5702041233be1000/fcNsNx/>

DNC, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003