[Davis Democrats] Howard Dean-DNC- pledge to support the Dem nominee

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Jan 2 20:02:41 PST 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Howard Dean <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 21:58:03 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Who I'm supporting

   <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5783c7365be55031/pC9nlC/>
Dear John,The Democratic Party has never been healthier. Just look at the
vigorous presidential primary we've got on our hands. Right now, every one
of the Democratic campaigns is working around the clock to become our
nominee, and any of them would be a great choice.

But when the dust settles and people like you pick our nominee, the real
challenge will begin. This time, though, it won't be a debate of ideas with
fellow Democrats. It will be against a Republican machine eager to redeem
its losses in 2006, fighting to extend George Bush's policies for another
four years.

We've all seen the way they run campaigns, so we have to be unified and
ready. We know that the Republicans are going to come at us with every scam
they think up to suppress the vote.

In the past, they've abused robocalls that hide their true identity, jammed
the phones Democrats used for getting out the vote, and purged voters from
the voter rolls. We need to be united in order to stop them.

Stand up and show our candidates, our opponents, and the country just how
strong the Democratic Party is by joining me in a pledge to support the
Democratic candidate for President in 2008 - no matter who wins. When we
have a nominee, they'll know that thousands of Democrats from across the
country are united - even if they may not have supported them in the
primary.

http://www.democrats.org/GetUnited
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5783c7365be55031/pC9nlC/>

Every one of the Republican front-runners - Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Mike
Huckabee and John McCain - would continue President Bush's failed policies.
America can't take a third Bush term, but that is all the Republicans offer.

They believe that President Bush's war in Iraq is a success. We believe that
it's time to bring our troops home.

They support President Bush's pardon of White House Aide Scooter Libby. We
believe in widespread ethics reform legislation to clean up the mess in
Washington.

They agree with President Bush's veto of children's health insurance
funding. We believe that no parent should have to worry about whether or not
they can afford to take their children to a doctor.

No matter who you plan to vote for in the primary, there's one simple fact
we can all agree on: Any one of our candidates will be better than four more
years of failed Republican policies.

Pledge your support for the Democratic nominee in 2008, and then ask your
friends to do the same. Everyone - from the nominee to the media to the
Republicans - should know just how many people are behind our candidate this
year.

Help us make a big statement:

http://www.democrats.org/GetUnited
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5783c7365be55031/pC9nlC/>

Thanks for signing on,

Howard Dean

   <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5783c7365be55031/psspJ3/>

 Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5783c7365be55031/XcUl5e/>
.
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/5783c7365be55031/hX4xTL/>

DNC, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003