[Davis Democrats] Mike Thompson endorses Hillary for President

Elly Fairclough ellyfairclough at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 18:42:18 PST 2008

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 11, 2008

  Contact: Luis Vizcaino, (310) 721-2415
lvizcaino at hillaryclinton.com

  U.S. REPRESENTATIVE MIKE THOMPSON ENDORSES HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT
  Endorsement a Big Boost for Clinton Campaign in Northern California
  LOS ANGELES, CA – In another display of momentum, Hillary Clinton today received the endorsement of U.S. Congressman Mike Thompson of California’s First Congressional District.

  “I have worked with Senator Clinton since she was First Lady and she has always shown herself to be an intelligent, hard-working, and compassionate public servant who really cares about the people of our country,” said Congressman. Thompson (D-CA). “Her lifetime of experience, including her most recent work in the United States Senate, has given her a deep understanding of issues critical to rural communities like those throughout our district - including the difficulty in accessing quality healthcare and the challenges and benefits of sustainable agriculture.”

  Representative Thompson was elected to represent California’s First Congressional District in 1998 after severing in the California State Senate. Thompson was the first Vietnam veteran elected to the California State Senate, continues to own and operate a small, organic vineyard, and has made his reputation in Congress bringing Republicans and Democrats together on important legislation.

  “Representative Thompson has dedicated his life to serving his country and he has an incredible record of delivering results to the people of his district,” said Senator Clinton. “From urban centers to the spectacular North Coast, families I talk to are looking for change. With California’s help and support, I will deliver that change and get our country back in the solutions business again.”

  ###

    Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President