[Davis Democrats] This Monday: Stop giving retroactive immunity for unwarranted spying by phone companies

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sat Jan 26 19:08:53 PST 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Charles Chamberlain, Democracy for America"
<info at democracyforamerica.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:11:36 GMT
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>

  Dear John, President Bush wants the Senate to pass retroactive immunity
for telecommunication companies who spied on Americans. For the President,
this isn't just about letting his friends at AT&T and Verizon off the hook.
He knows this is the American people's last chance to hold the Bush
administration accountable for their warrantless wiretapping of innocent
Americans. The key vote is scheduled for late Monday afternoon and the count
is down to the wire. We need 41 Senators to stand up to President Bush and
right now we have only 36. Senators Clinton and Obama are the missing votes.
If Senator Clinton or Obama stands up and leads from the floor of the U.S.
Senate and calls upon the 8 senators that have endorsed their campaigns to
stand with them, we'll have the votes we need and the American people will
win.
 <http://ga1.org/ct/91M1G091qmaI/>
Democracy for America will not stay silent and hope our Presidential
candidates will lead. We demand it. That's why we're running this ad in the
New York Times on Monday.
Take action now and make sure the media pressures Senators Clinton and Obama
too. Contact the major media outlets below to make sure they know what you
want our presidential candidates to do and include the ad link.
Send this link: www.Democracy
forAmerica.com/ProveIt <http://ga1.org/ct/91M1G091qmaI/>
Contact CNN here:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback <http://ga1.org/ct/kpM1G091qmaW/>
Contact MSNBC here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com <http://ga1.org/ct/97M1G091qmau/>
Contact ABC here:
http://abcnews.go.com <http://ga1.org/ct/kdM1G091qma6/>
Contact Meet the Press here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com <http://ga1.org/ct/9pM1G091qmaj/>
Contact CBS here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs <http://ga1.org/ct/k7M1G091qmaO/>
Email NBC Here:
Nightly at NBC.com
On Monday, we'll back up the ad with phone calls to every Senator in the
country demanding they stand up to President Bush and stop retroactive
immunity for telecom companies that spied on Americans.
We're standing up and taking action. Senators Clinton and Obama say they are
ready to lead. Let's see them prove it.
Thank you for everything you do.
-Charles
Charles Chamberlain
Political Director
 <http://ga1.org/ct/9dM1G091qma7/>

  Share this email:
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga1.org/join-forward.html?domain=dfa&r=51M1G091KA47>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Democracy
for America <http://ga1.org/dfa/join.html?r=51M1G091KA47E> .

page <http://ga1.org/dfa/smp.tcl?nkey=i7unn5s42wbknjn&>  to modify your
email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL
email from Democracy for America, click to remove
<http://ga1.org/dfa/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=i7unn5s42wbknjn
&>  yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe"
in the subject line).

 Paid for by Democracy for America,   www.DemocracyforAmerica.com
<http://www.democracyforamerica.com/>  and not authorized by any candidate.
Contributions to Democracy for America are not deductible for federal income
tax purposes.

 <http://www.democracyforamerica.com>