[Davis Democrats] Gen. Wes Clark : Have Darcy's Back

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Jul 8 13:17:32 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Wes Clark <info at securingamerica.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:00:08 GMT
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Have Darcy's Back

  Dear John,
 <http://ga4.org/ct/Rp1x86K10RTB/donate>
Ellen M. Banner / The Seattle Times
Last Tuesday, Darcy Burner, Congressional candidate in Washington's 8th
district, had her home burn down. Darcy needs to focus on her family -- but
that means she can't fundraise. Every dollar that we raise for Darcy gives
her a little extra time to take care of her family. Show Darcy that we've
got her back -- click here to donate to her campaign!
<http://ga4.org/ct/Rp1x86K10RTB/donate>
Politics is tough. So when one of our own is down, we have to have their
back.

Last Tuesday morning, Darcy Burner, Congressional candidate in Washington's
8th district, had her home burn down. Darcy's 5-year-old son was awakened by
the fire alarm in his room. He woke up his parents, and thankfully, the
family escaped safely. However, Darcy's home was completely destroyed.

At this difficult time, Darcy needs to focus on her family as they work to
get their lives back in order. That's what she should be doing -- what any
of us would do after a similar tragedy.

But in Darcy's case, that means she can't fundraise, she can't campaign.
And in an election as important and close as hers will be, every day she's
off the campaign trail puts her at a disadvantage. She needs our help.

Every dollar that we raise for Darcy gives her a little extra time to take
care of her family. So let's step up and show Darcy that we've got her back.
Contribute to Darcy's campaign today!

http://www.actblue.com/page/havedarcysback
<http://ga4.org/ct/Rp1x86K10RTB/donate>

Darcy is in a tight race and represents one of our best pickup opportunities
in the House. She's going to be an advocate to bring our troops home from
Iraq. She's going to stand strong to fight warrantless wiretapping and
protect the Constitution.

We can't let this tragedy stop us from adding Darcy's voice to Congress.
Though Darcy says she lost "just stuff," she needs time with her family now.

Help me give Darcy the time she needs. Every donation provides Darcy with
more time to put down the phone for fundraising and focus on her family.
Contribute to Darcy's campaign today!

http://www.actblue.com/page/havedarcysback
<http://ga4.org/ct/Rp1x86K10RTB/donate>

One of the keys to our success over the years is that we stick together. We
take care of each other. I am so proud to have supporters like you in the
Clark community.

Thank you for everything.

Sincerely,

Wes Clark

P.S. I've heard from many of you over the past week, and I can't thank you
enough for your support. Now help me support Darcy by contributing to her
campaign today! <http://ga4.org/ct/Rp1x86K10RTB/donate>

  <http://ga4.org/ct/Rp1x86K10RTB/donate>
Paid for by WesPAC -- Securing America's Future. Contributions and gifts
made to WesPAC are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.

  Tell your friends and family about WesPAC -- Securing America's Future!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga4.org/join-forward.html?domain=wespac&r=y71x86KqVnWv>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for WesPAC
<http://ga4.org/wespac/join.html?r=y71x86KqVnWvE> .