[Davis Democrats] Don't We Owe Ted Kennedy Our Support vs. Bush's Threatened Veto of Medicare Bill

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jul 11 04:57:44 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:08:51 +0000
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: FW: Don't We Owe Ted Kennedy Our Support?

with liberty for justice for all

> To: jac07 at hotmail.com
> Subject: Don't We Owe Ted Kennedy Our Support?
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:48:23 -0400
>
> [http://archive.democrats.com/images/small.gif]
>
> [http://archive.democrats.com/images/kennedy-medicare-caroline-1.jpg] Dear
JOHN,

> Our longtime progressive champion, Senator Ted Kennedy, made a dramatic return
to the Senate on Wednesday to cast the deciding vote on a crucial Medicare bill.
(That's his niece Caroline Kennedy with him.)

> Sadly, George Bush wants to veto the bill. For Kennedy's sake, let's try to
stop him.

> Bob Fertik
>

> [http://archive.democrats.com/images/aarp-medicare.jpg]
>

> Scene opens. The Senate floor. A surprise visitor walks in to thunderous
applauseŠ

> Sen. Edward Kennedy returned to the Senate chamber for the first time since
surgery for a malignant brain tumor to cast a vote on a "Keep Medicare Fair"
bill. A vote along party lines had stalled the bill a few weeks back. This time
it passed with a huge bipartisan majority.

> Amazing, right? It's almost got the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster
>
> And like any great movie, it's got a final cliffhanger: President George W.
Bush is threatening to veto this critical legislation!

> In honor of Senator Kennedy¹s dramatic return, tell President Bush to Keep
Medicare Fair for millions of Americans by signing the Medicare Improvements for
Patients and Providers Act of 2008!

> The legislation that the Senate passed today would:
>
>  *   Ensure that Medicare patients continue to have access to care ;
>  *   Improve prevention coverage and services;
>  *   Improve low-income protections ; and
>  *   Provide improved coverage for mental health services.
>
> As you read this, President Bush is likely hearing from the same folks that
worked against Medicare recipients and doctors in the Medicare program during
the Keep Medicare Fair campaign. That's why he must hear from ALL OF US
immediately!

> Click here to tell President Bush to Keep Medicare Fair by signing the
Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 into law.

> Once you have sent your urgent message to President Bush, please help us get
more messages in to the White House by forwarding this email to your friends and
family.

> Thank you in advance for your help. I know that together we can Keep Medicare
Fair!