[Davis Democrats] Al Franken for US Senate: republican front group busted for bogus attack ad vs. employee free choice bill

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sat Jul 12 23:59:46 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Andy Barr, Al Franken for Senate" <info at alfranken.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:33:22 -0400
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Coleman front group busted for bogus attack ad

  <http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/AHoknY/VEsE/>
Dear John,

Norm Coleman and his corporate cronies will stop at nothing to win.  But
we'll stop them -- with a healthy dose of the truth.

For instance, the latest ad by the ironically-named Coleman front group
"Coalition for a Democratic Workplace" attacks Al for supporting the
Employee Free Choice Act, which would help workers organize unions free from
intimidation by management. The ad accuses Al of wanting to "eliminate the
secret ballot."  This, of course, is an outright lie -- the Employee Free
Choice Act does nothing of the sort.

 <http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/iM5CW7/VEsF/> Even the
Minnesota press corps has taken notice: click here to watch a local
television station's 'Reality Check' (hint: the words "distortion" and
"false" are prominently featured)
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/iM5CW7/VEsC/> .

Al's never been one to put up with right-wing lies -- and when Norm Coleman
and his cronies launch their smears, we're going to fight back, and fight
back hard.  That's where we need your help.
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/adEv3Y/VEsD/>

This week, we announced that we'd raised over $2.2 million in the second
fundraising quarter.  Problem is, so did the Coleman campaign.  And they've
already proven that they're more interested in launching false attacks than
they are in a real debate.  So we're going to need your continuing support
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/adEv3Y/VEsA/>  to drown
out this kind of garbage.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO HELP US FIGHT BACK TODAY!
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/adEv3Y/VEsB/>

For the record: Al's sticking by his support of the Employee Free Choice
Act, and Coleman's corporate front groups only strengthen his resolve to
stand up for Minnesota's hard-working men and women when he gets to the
Senate.

And we'll keep fighting back against the right-wing smear machine.  But we
need your help.  Can you make a contribution of just $50, $25 -- heck, just
$15 -- today?
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/adEv3Y/VEsO/>

Thanks for all you do,

Andy Barr
Al Franken for Senate

P.S.: Could you do me a huge favor and  forward this email to everyone in
your address book
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/qpNDIX/VEsP/> ?  We can't
let them get away with lying about this important legislation -- help us
fight back!
<http://www.alfranken.com/page/m/567b3e9940de19f8/qpNDIX/VEsHBQ==/>

Paid for and authorized by Al Franken for Senate
This email was sent to jac07 at dcn.org.