[Davis Democrats] FW: Sign petition to House Judiciary Committee:Send Karl Rove to Jail for Contempt

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jul 18 08:56:09 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfilms.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:47:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Send Karl Rove to Jail

   <http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/46054?utm_source=rgemail>  1.
Watch the video
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/46054?utm_source=rgemail> 2. Sign
the petition
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/46054?utm_source=rgemail>

  Dear John,

This sounds like a dream, doesn't it?   Well, it's not.  We have a unique
opportunity right now to send Karl Rove to jail, but only if we take
immediate action.

All we have to do is pressure the 40 members of the House Judiciary
Committee <http://judiciary.house.gov/about/members.html> , make them hold
Rove in contempt and send him to jail.  We've never had such a direct
opportunity to hold Rove accountable.  No, this is not enough punishment for
his years <http://thinkprogress.org/leak-scandal/#rove>  and years
<http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/15/don-siegelman-all-roads-lead-to-ro
ve/>  of crimes, but it's a huge start, and will send a very clear message
to the entire Bush administration.

We put together this video to explain the issues
<http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2008/07/10/bush-did-not-invoke-executive-
privilege-for-rove/>  surrounding Rove's failure to testify before Congress,
and why Rove should be held in contempt and sent to jail.  Check out Send
Karl Rove to Jail, and sign our petition to ensure that the HJC holds Rove
in contempt.

Watch the video and sign the petition
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/46054?utm_source=rgemail> .

Today at 1pm ET / 10am PT, the first episode of Meet the Bloggers
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/45861?utm_source=rgemail>  will air
live, and Karl Rove will be the big topic of discussion with bloggers Marcy
Wheeler, Liliana Segura, Baratunde Thurston, and special guest Arianna
Huffington.  The video will be featured on the show, so sign the petition
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/46054?utm_source=rgemail> , forward
it to friends
<http://bravenewfilms.org/posts/invite/46054-send-karl-rove-to-jail> , digg
it <http://digg.com/politics/Send_Karl_Rove_to_Jail>  and go to
meetthebloggers.org
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/45861?utm_source=rgemail>  to send
in your own thoughts, and join the discussion at 1pm ET.

If you can't watch live, you can always see what was discussed on the show
anytime you want at meetthebloggers.org
<http://bravenewfilms.org/watch/3174198/45861?utm_source=rgemail> .

Yours, Robert Greenwald and the Brave New Team

-