[Davis Democrats] Barack Obama : Midnight Deadline for campaign finance reporting

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jul 31 12:06:20 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Barack Obama <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:11:47 -0400
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Midnight Deadline

John --

 Midnight tonight is the financial reporting deadline for July.

 Once again, everyone will be sizing up this campaign to see if we can
compete with John McCain and the Republican National Committee.

  Your hard work and generosity have gotten us this far, but the fact
remains, our opponents still have a big fundraising advantage. They are very
good at raking in huge donations, especially from Washington lobbyists and
special interest PACs.

  That's why we need to show the strength of our grassroots movement before
the deadline tonight. Help prove that a campaign powered by people like you,
giving only what they can afford, can go toe-to-toe with the Republican
fundraising machine.

 Make a donation of $5 or more to support this movement for change.
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/1aIKwF/VEsH/>

  <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/1aIKwF/VEsE/>

 As you've probably heard, if you make a donation before midnight, you could
join me at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

  This year, we're opening up the convention the way supporters like you
have opened up the political process all across the country. On the last
day, more than 75,000 people will come together to be a part of history --
folks like you who have been building this movement from the bottom up.

  It will be an incredible event, and if you make a donation in any amount
before tonight's deadline, you and a guest could travel to Denver, spend a
couple of nights at a hotel, and join me backstage before I accept the
nomination.

Make a donation of $5 or more now
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/1aIKwF/VEsF/> .

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

  Thanks,

  Barack

   <http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/1aIKwF/VEsC/>

  If you do not wish to make a donation, you can still be selected to join
Barack at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.  Learn more here
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/1aIKwF/VEsD/> .

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/b25Fy7/VEsA/> .
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m/670b0d1854a91b9f/SbvTij/VEsB/>