[Davis Democrats] Emily's List: Ms.Leslie Byrne(D-VA) to replace retiring Republican Congressman

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jun 5 07:55:19 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Ellen R. Malcolm" <information at emilyslist.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:27:27 -0400
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Neck and neck

 <http://emilyslist.org/r/9899/46764/>
Dear John,

 <http://emilyslist.org/r/9900/46764/> We are just seven days away from
Leslie Byrne's primary for Virginia¹s 11th district -- one of Democrats's
top pick-up opportunities this year.

 Called a "political icon" and a "champion of women's rights" by the Fairfax
Times, Leslie Byrne is the true progressive in this heated primary to
replace retiring Republican Tom Davis. She can beat Gerry Connolly, her
closest rival, if she can raise enough money to make sure all of her voters
get to the polls next week. This race is so critical to strengthening our
majority in the House that I have recorded a special message for you.

  Click here to watch my message and help Leslie Byrne today!
<http://emilyslist.org/r/9901/46764/>

Byrne, whose long list of credentials includes previously serving this
district in the House, boasts the endorsements of more than two dozen
Virginia public officials, including U.S. Sen. Jim Webb.

 Gerry Connolly, thanks to the help of the big business developers funding
his campaign, has been able to outraise and outspend Byrne. This race has
been neck-and-neck for the last several months and is expected to go down to
the wire. We need your help today!

Click here to contribute and watch a personal message from me about Leslie
Byrne. <http://emilyslist.org/r/9902/46764/>

There is so much at stake -- increasing our majority in the House, returning
a Democratic woman to represent Virginia, and adding a strong, unwavering
progressive vote to Congress. Will you please make a contribution to bolster
Leslie¹s final push in this primary campaign today?

Help Leslie Byrne get over the finish line. Contribute today!
<http://emilyslist.org/r/9903/46764/>

Warmest regards,

Ellen R. Malcolm
President

Make sure you receive email updates from EMILY's List. Add
information at emilyslist.org  <mailto:information at emilyslist.org> to your
approved senders list.