[Davis Democrats] In 9 Days, Davis Democratic Club Champagne Brunch

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Fri Jun 20 13:51:02 PDT 2008

Dear Davis Democratic Club Members,

The Champagne Brunch is June 29th, Sunday at the home of Bill Julian.

Event:  Davis Democratic Club Champaigne Brunch
Address:  43556 Almond Lane, Davis, CA 95618
                in Willow Bank (South of South Davis, directions below)
Time: 11AM to 2PM - speakers start at 12:30PM

This is the club's big midyear event.  It was delayed due to this year's
elections cycle.  The date is June 29th, Sunday and the time is 11AM to 2PM.
The place is the home of Bill Julian.  Come for Brunch featuring Champagne
and Orange Juice, barbecued turkey, barbecued ham, quiche, fresh
strawberries, pastries and other brunch foods and delights.

The food is all provided by the Davis Democratic Club Board.  If club
members wish to contribute brunch food items towards this feast, please
telephone Rick Gonzales at 758-2331.  He is acting chair for the food part
of this event.  Chair of this event is Mike Syvanen.  [Mike will not be able
to attend this event, because he will be giving a paper in England.]

The Keynote speaker has yet to be determined.  Whoever it is, come for the
excellent food.  The event is named after the Champagne and Orange Juice
that flows at this event.  Other speakers lined up are:  Our 8th Assembly
Person Lois Wolk (who is running for State Senate), our 4th Yolo County
Supervisor (who is running for Assembly), and Ellie Fairclough representing
our US Representative for the 1st District, Mike Thompson.  We are trying to
get Deborah Bowman, our Secretary of State as the keynote speaker.  She is a
dues paying member fo the Davis Democratic Club!

DIRECTIONS:  From Davis, Mace Blvd and drive over I-80 into South Davis
             Keep in Mace Blvd, driving south to the edge of town.
                (You will see open fields in front of you.)
             The street at the edge of town is Montgomery.
             Make a right on Montgomery.
             Go past the next two streets [0.5 miles]
             Make a right on the third street, this is Meadowbrook Dr.
             Follow Meadowbrook [0.2 miles] to the first right turn on Almond
             43556 is a stones throw from the corner.

If you need help with directions, call Bill Julian at 758-8882 or G Richard
Yamagata at 848-8634 on the day of the event.  You can also visit
mapquest.com at:  http://www.mapquest.com/maps/43556+Almond+Lane+Davis+CA/

====================

The Fourth of July Booth is coming for the DDC.  Co-Chairs are Bill Ritter,
Mike Syvanen, and Carl Schmid.  We will be at the Park from 4:30 until the
fireworks selling bumper stickers and campaign buttons and distributing
campaign information.  Expect to see materials from the Presidential
election, the 8th Assembly race, from Lois Wolk's state senate campaign, and
Mike Thompsons re-election.

THERE WILL BE NO BAKE SALE THIS YEAR!

contact Arun Sen for any questions at 756-7093

====================

The Annual Ice Cream Social at Jerry and Teresa Kaneko's Home

The Soap Box will once again be open on August 21st, a Thursday.  This is
our Popular August Club Event.  More will be forth-coming as this event gets
closer.

====================

We will be having September and October Club General Meetings, (like the
annual barbecue), but nothing is definite at this time.  There will also be
an election day celebration after the polls have closed in November.

====================

The Annual Holiday Party, First Friday of December, December 5th, 2008.

The place that this meeting is being held is being reconsidered.  President
Arun Sen plans to make this a huge event, inviting outside speakers and
performers to entertain and bring holiday cheer.  Of course, there is our
annual holiday raffle and good food provided by the DDC Board.

====================

Thank you for your attention,

Richard

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/   http://vme.net/bcards/bio.html
Phone: 530-VIV-VMEI or 530-848-8634

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis Democratic
Club, President of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc,
Secretary-Treasurer of the board of the Davis Progressive Business
Exchange and communications liason for the Independent Order of
Odd Fellows Chapter 169 and the Business Link of Woodland and Davis.

For public service to the Democratic Party of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2007 Williamson-Weir Award

Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Reedley - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, WBL, DPBE, or IOOF.