[Davis Democrats] To elect U.S. Senators, your donation before 6/30/08 will be tripled-DSCC

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Jun 24 01:50:32 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sen. Barack Obama" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Our choice

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aOiHuwjk%2BenZBx3xgj41k
QKz60bpj%2F8I>

 Dear John ,

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=m632cY1xqYcN5FtJgfOpFgK
z60bpj%2F8I>     No matter where I've gone in this country, I've met working
Americans who feel like the American dream is slipping out of reach. They're
working harder for less. The cost of everything from a tank of gas to a bag
of groceries, from health care to college tuition, is going up and up. It's
getting harder to save and harder to retire. And that's why so many
Americans are counting on us to win in November and bring about the change
they so desperately need.

You understand that stakes could not be higher. And the choice could not be
clearer: at this defining moment in American history, we can continue the
failed Bush economic policies that are stretching wallets and straining
families and the failed Bush foreign policies that haven't made us safer. Or
we can seize this moment by turning the page on the policies of the past,
and offering a new direction for the country we love.

Over the course of this historic campaign, almost 40 million people have
made their intention clear.  They want a new direction - and they want a
Democratic president to make it happen.

But a new President alone isn't enough.

I've served long enough in the U.S. Senate to know that Washington must
change, and I also know that big changes don't happen without big Senate
majorities - and right now, Democrats occupy only 49 seats.

This November, we have a chance to create a Democratic Senate majority like
we haven't seen in decades - but it won't happen on its own.  For eighteen
months, Sen. Hillary Clinton and I counted on people like you to support our
campaigns for president - and now I am asking you to continue your support
for a tremendous slate of Democratic Senate candidates by supporting the
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

The DSCC delivered historic victories in the 2006 midterm elections, and
they will do so again.  I know you've already made a contribution to the
DSCC this year, and I want to thank you for your generosity.  But today you
can go even further and help them meet their critical second quarter
fundraising goal.

Click here to make a contribution of $50, $75, or more to help expand the
Democratic Senate majority in 2008.  This quarterly fundraising deadline is
so important that everything you give before June 30 will be matched
two-to-one by a group of Democratic senators, effectively tripling your
contribution.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3%2FUcIkLA2yOxD3CUy2%2B
diwKz60bpj%2F8I>

For the past few months, the pundits and the cynics have been focused on
what divides us.  But now it is time for Democrats to unite around the
causes we share.

It's time to build an economy that rewards not just wealth but work and the
workers who create it, and provide affordable, quality health care for all
who want it.

It's time to free ourselves from the tyranny of oil so we can get gas prices
under control, stop funding both sides in the war on terror, and save this
planet for our children.

And it's time to bring our troops home from a war in Iraq that should have
never been authorized and never been waged, and bring the hammer down on the
terrorists who still remain at large in Afghanistan.

These are the causes we stand for. These are the causes our Democratic
Senate candidates stand for.

You know the best way to help these candidates is to support the DSCC today.
Your contributions help them compete in every Senate race by constantly
monitoring what attacks need to be answered, what precincts need to be
organized, and where your money can make the most impact.

Take it from someone who just finished one grueling campaign, and is just
starting another:  elections are won or lost months before they even happen.
The DSCC is already hard at work laying the groundwork for victory in
battleground states across the country. Another contribution from you can
keep the momentum going.

Click here to make a contribution of $50, $75, or more to help expand the
Democratic Senate majority in 2008.  This quarterly fundraising deadline is
so important that everything you give before June 30 will be matched
two-to-one by a group of Democratic senators, effectively tripling your
contribution.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tnd6QGklGBVH0OWYxP23kgK
z60bpj%2F8I>

This is our time.  With your help, we will bring change to America.

We are all doing everything we can to expand our Democratic majority.  But
the job is not yet done.

Let's get to work.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

 Big changes need big majorities.  Help the DSCC make history in November.
Give by June 30 and your donation will be tripled.

 If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZItjp8m9h%2BVYlxIW%2FK%
2F2YwKz60bpj%2F8I>

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YD54rvgH9T2E8WcEtTRHbAK
z60bpj%2F8I>

Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, http://dscc.org,
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.