[Davis Democrats] General Wesley Clark : Obama , not McCain, for President

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Jun 25 18:34:39 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: Wes Clark <info at securingamerica.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:27:34 GMT
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Obama vs. McCain

  Dear John,
 <http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>
 Barack Obama will bring the change our country so desperately needs --
while John McCain is offering 4 more years of Bush. Join me in supporting
Barack Obama for President. Click here to donate to his campaign today!
<http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>
This year, we're facing the most important election in a generation.  As
Americans, we must ask ourselves which candidate will bring about the change
our country so desperately needs. In my opinion, Barack Obama is the only
candidate with the judgment to move our country forward.

The disastrous consequences of George W. Bush's poor judgment over these
last 71Ž2 years are all too apparent.  Now, John McCain is offering 4 more
years of Bush -- while Barack Obama offers the change in direction our
country so desperately needs.

Barack had the judgment to oppose the war in Iraq before it began, and he is
ready to bring our troops home and end the occupation of Iraq in a
responsible way. John McCain has said that American troops should be willing
to stay in Iraq for 100 years.

Barack will engage in the diplomacy that is necessary to bring stability to
the Middle East.  Just like George Bush, John McCain repeatedly resorts to
saber-rattling and threats about invading Iran while revealing a startling
ignorance of the basic issues that define the politics of the region.

Barack knows we have to invest in renewable energy to end America's
dependence on foreign oil and fight global warming. And like George Bush,
John McCain is in the pocket of big oil.

It's about judgment -- and I think the answer is clear.

Join me today. Support Barack Obama's campaign for change by making a
contribution before the June 30 deadline!

http://www.actblue.com/page/clark4obama
<http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>

While I respect John McCain's service, I know exactly what he stands for --
Bush's third term.  And in national security terms, John McCain is largely
untested and untried. He's never been responsible for policy formulation.
John McCain is calculating that he will use the national security debate to
his advantage.  He's wrong.

Like Bush, McCain has always been for the use of force, force, and more
force. In my experience, the only time to use force is as a last resort.
When John McCain talks about throwing Russia out of the G8 and makes
irresponsible comments about bombing Iran, he reveals his own disrespect for
the office of the presidency.

And while he's all too willing to continue putting our troops in harm's way,
John McCain initially refused to support providing benefits like the new GI
Bill to our veterans because he believes that providing good education
opportunities to our troops will hurt retention. That's ridiculous.

We need new leadership in the White House -- not George Bush's third term.
Join me in supporting Barack Obama's campaign before the June 30th deadline!

http://www.actblue.com/page/clark4obama
<http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>

Last week I sat down with Barack Obama. I know he's the right person to lead
our country forward. Now we need to come together and support his campaign
for change.

As I see the sacrifices our troops and their families make every day; as I
see Americans buckling under the weight of record high gas prices; and as I
see families struggling with sky rocketing health care costs, I know this:

We simply can't afford another 4 years of the McCain-Bush-Cheney agenda.

We must change the course of our country's future. We must elect Barack
Obama the next president of the United States. Contribute today!

http://www.actblue.com/page/clark4obama
<http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>

Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,

Wes Clark

P.S.  The June 30th fundraising deadline is only 5 days away.  It's a
critical milepost where the press and the pundits will be looking at the
strength of Barack Obama's grassroots-powered campaign against John McCain's
lobbyist-powered campaign.  Let's show America that Barack Obama has the
strength, the momentum, and the resources to win this November.  Contribute
to Barack's campaign today! <http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>

  <http://ga4.org/ct/W71x86K1kmY3/donate>
Paid for by WesPAC -- Securing America's Future. Contributions and gifts
made to WesPAC are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.

  Tell your friends and family about WesPAC -- Securing America's Future!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga4.org/join-forward.html?domain=wespac&r=S11x86KqGnS0>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for WesPAC
<http://ga4.org/wespac/join.html?r=S11x86KqGnS0E> .