[Davis Democrats] Reminder This Thursday, 1 Day Reminder, General Meeting for Party Unity on May 29th!

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Tue May 27 19:14:19 PDT 2008

Dear Davis Democratic Club Members,

I apologize for so many e-mails about this event.  The Board wants to make
sure that people attend this general meeting.  This meeting is about "Party
Unity" and we need a lot of that to win back the White House.  The stated
goal of the Davis Democratic Club and our campaign headquarters is to get
out the vote enough to counteract the Republican Vote in Orange County for
McCain.

-------------------

Just a note to club members:  if you get to Lamppost Pizza BEFORE 6pm and
order, you can take advantage of their special "Happy Hour" pricing.  There
are some great pricing deals.  Visit their web site at
http://yvm.net/vme/lamppost/lampspec.html  Print out the page and take it in
to be sure to get the pricing.  I apologize.  I feel like I am advertising,
but this is being sent out so that the club members can take advantage of
our having the meeting at Lamppost Pizza.  Great food at a lower price
should be something that everyone can appreciate.  I thank Lyle Smith for
choosing the location and I thank Jim Matthews for initiating the special
pricing in time for the DDC General Meeting.  For the young College Dems,
please only order Beer if you are of legal age!

-------------------

On Thursday, May 29th, there will be DDC General Meeting at Lamppost Pizza.
Lamppost is at 1260 Lake Blvd in West Davis.  Visit their web site at
http://lamppostpizza.com/davis/  They have special coupons that will save
money for this event at their web site at
http://yvm.net/vme/lamppost/lampspec.html

The program is:
5 to 6PM  No Host Happy Hour
6 to 7Pm  Social Hour
7 to 8Pm  Speakers
8 to 9Pm  Steve Ybarra

The theme of this General Meeting is Party Unity.  The May General Meeting
Chair is once again, Lyle Smith.

====================

The Champagne Brunch is coming in June.  The date is June 29th, Sunday and
the time is 11AM to 2PM.  The place is the home of Bill Julian -- more
details are coming.  Please look for them.  The Keynote speaker has yet to
be determined.  Whoever it is, come for the excellent food provided by the
DDC Board.  The event is named after the Champagne and Orange Juice that
flows at this event.  There has been quiche, danishes and finger food.  I
always bring the strawberries!

====================

The Fourth of July Booth is coming for the DDC.  Co-Chairs are Bill Ritter,
Mike Syvanen, and Carl Schmid.  We will be at the Park from 4:30 until the
fireworks selling bumper stickers and campaign buttons and distributing
campaign information.  Expect to see materials from the Presidential
election, the 8th Assembly race, from Lois Wolk's state senate campaign, and
Mike Thompsons re-election.

We may have a bake sale, but someone has to organize that better this year
for that to work.  If you want to volunteer for this job, Bake Sale
Coordinator, please contact Arun Sen at 756-7093

====================

The Annual Ice Cream Social at Jerry and Teresa Kaneko's Home

The Soap Box will once again be open on August 21st.  This is our Popular
August Club Event.  More will be forth-coming as this event gets closer.

====================

We will be having September and October Club General Meetings, (like the
annual barbecue), but nothing is definite at this time.  There will also be
an election day celebration after the polls have closed in November.

====================

The Annual Holiday Party, First Friday of December, December 5th, 2008.

The place that this meeting is being held is being reconsidered.  President
Arun Sen plans to make this a huge event, inviting outside speakers and
performers to entertain and bring holiday cheer.  Of course, there is our
annual holiday raffle and good food provided by the DDC Board.

====================

Thank you for your attention,

Richard

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/   http://vme.net/bcards/bio.html
Phone: 530-VIV-VMEI or 530-848-8634

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, Secretary of the Board of Directors for the Davis Democratic
Club, President of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc,
Secretary-Treasurer of the board of the Davis Progressive Business
Exchange and communications liason for the Independent Order of
Odd Fellows Chapter 169 and the Business Link of Woodland and Davis.

For public service to the Democratic Party of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2007 Williamson-Weir Award

Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Reedley - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, WBL, DPBE, or IOOF.