[Davis Democrats] Ted Kennedy: current U.S.Senate Republicans filibustered more than ever before in U.S. history

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon Oct 20 13:31:24 PDT 2008

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sen. Ted Kennedy" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Run amok

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1RELIdN57FGEyhVNkov5DoH
zjTbdpwqC>

  Dear John ,

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YKgh50k%2FCy8Ld1fwXLZSz
IHzjTbdpwqC>

There is so much promise for our country in this moment - but the window of
opportunity will soon be closed.

 Barack Obama can do great things for America.  He's got the vision,
ability, and courage to restore our economy and move us forward on health
care and energy independence.

 But Barack knows he can't do it by himself.  He needs a Senate that won't
stand in the way.

 The DSCC has already invested your contribution this cycle in building the
foundation to elect a Senate that won't obstruct an Obama administration.
Thank you so very much for putting a filibuster-proof Senate within our
grasp.  But our candidates can't win unless we continue to rush critical
resources to the closest races.  I am asking you to give again today because
time is so short.

 Tomorrow will be exactly two weeks from Election Day.  That means the next
48 hours are the time of our greatest opportunity.

 Our candidates cannot - will not - win without your continued support for
the DSCC as they seek to raise $450,000 online in these pivotal two days.
It's the only way to rush critical resources to the closest races, so our
candidates have everything they need over the last two weeks.  This is their
time of greatest need.

 A few voters on November 4 will determine how many votes we have on the
Senate floor for the Obama agenda.  My Senate colleagues will match every
dollar you give, effectively doubling your contribution. Please give again.
We need you now more than ever.

 Click here to urgently rush $25, $50 or more to the DSCC.  This is the
moment to achieve the change we urgently need.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DrmJr75iIZckNQYPSSSKzYH
zjTbdpwqC>

 Here's all you have to know about the Republicans currently serving in the
Senate.

 In the past two years, they've filibustered more legislation than any
Congress in U.S. history - bills that would've bought our troops home,
provided health care to kids and prevented oil company tax breaks.

 Imagine what our opponents will try to do if Barack Obama is elected
president?  They'll filibuster everything in sight.  We can't afford to let
Republican partisanship run amok ruin his presidency and our country.

 I know the focus is on the White House.  That's the big prize and the
momentum is on our side.  But we're down to 14 days to replace Republican
Senators with Democrats in states like North Carolina, Alaska and Colorado.
Winning these races is crucial to achieving the real change our country
needs.

 I know you believe in our cause.  Thank you for standing with us throughout
this historic election.

 Please, don't hesitate to stand with us again.  Now is when another
contribution from you can make the greatest difference.  The future is here,
and our candidates need you once again to deliver $450,000 before midnight
tomorrow, so they can be ready for the enormous and decisive push of the
last two weeks.

 Click here to urgently rush $25, $50 or more to the DSCC.  This is the
moment for the change we desperately need.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jysIiTFR%2BixBUn9yZ%2Fb
ZW%2FUcL4rhBBVn>

 None of us want to wake up on November 5 to find out that we finished just
short of our goal.

 Sincerely,

 Sen. Ted. Kennedy

 P.S. Thank you for acting immediately, before this key deadline.  Five
dollars from you right now can make all the difference.  You'll be very glad
you did!

 Click here to urgently rush $25, $50 or more to the DSCC.  This is the
moment for the change we desperately need.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Efiqd6Bp%2FISYK7mp1kzbm
4HzjTbdpwqC>

 In just two weeks we have the opportunity to turn this country around.
Give today and your impact will be doubled.

 If you received this message from a friend, click this button to join the
DSCC.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nlmMn22kE8i%2FhfmXgGuXO
oHzjTbdpwqC>

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gM2IM9l2zf5BUn9yZ%2FbZW
%2FUcL4rhBBVn>

Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, http://dscc.org,
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.