[Davis Democrats] action-opportunity: DemSenCampaignCommittee: petition for Franken

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun Apr 5 12:12:49 PDT 2009

------ Forwarded Message
From: "J.B. Poersch" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 23:11:53 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Franken and Coleman

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AQzgc3tP2ZW%2FunGbPWZ7X
rAqDsDyRoAa>

 April 2009

 Norm Coleman and the Republican leadership in Washington are holding
President Obama's change agenda hostage.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=O%2FPW3YYANvYAxk6cb0pQw
7AqDsDyRoAa>

They know that when Al Franken gets seated, Democrats will be closer than
ever to the filibuster-proof 60-seat majority.  That's why Coleman has
pledged court appeal after court appeal, even though his own lawyers think
he's bound to lose.

 Enough is enough.  Earlier this week, the DSCC asked our grassroots to tell
Coleman, in one unified voice, that the process has worked and that it's
time to give up his court challenges.

 The response has been overwhelming.  Tens of thousands of grassroots
Democrats want Al Franken in the Senate so he can help President Obama turn
this country around.

 Norm Coleman hasn't heard from you yet.  If you want President Obama's
vision for change to move forward, we need you to get involved.

 It's time for Norm Coleman to give up the endless court appeals.  Click
here to tell him to concede the race so Minnesota has full representation in
Congress.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=i6483ZmHSoL9CZLvQzANLbA
qDsDyRoAa>

 Remember, Minnesota already did a hand recount of every single ballot and
Al Franken got the most votes.

 Now after Norm Coleman had his day in court - as was his right - every
observer thinks he has almost no chance at victory when the three-judge
panel counts the final votes next week.

 Yet amazingly, Coleman has already pledged to appeal the case to the
Minnesota Supreme Court and, if necessary, the federal courts.  It could
take years to hear those challenges, and Republicans think it's OK to deny
Minnesotans their fair representation the entire time.

 At some point, they have to give it up.  Please take action immediately to
tell Norm to step aside.

 Click here to tell Norm Coleman it's time to concede.  President Obama
needs Al Franken in the Senate.
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aOCEoBrF4rP92MjN5vJ0OrA
qDsDyRoAa>

 The response from our grassroots has already been huge.  Thank you in
advance for joining our ranks.

 Sincerely,

 J.B. Poersch

 The DSCC is committed to protecting our majority in the Senate. We can't do
it without your help. Please click here to make a donation. Please take a
moment and ask your friends and family to join you in telling Norm Coleman
to concede the race so that Minnesota has its full representation in
Congress.

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LWO2siXqlE6tSWXPCJprpLA
qDsDyRoAa>

<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KuET2ZqoKSdORot%2BaC3vP
7AqDsDyRoAa>

  Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, http://dscc.org
<http://www.democratsenators.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=E3DOwLG4gOpB1chCmueICXb
vWrfujc7B> , and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.