[Davis Democrats] FW: confirm Hilda Solis for Obama's Secretary of Labor

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sat Feb 7 13:53:44 PST 2009

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Ellen R. Malcolm" <information at emilyslist.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:07:00 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Hilda Solis

 <http://emilyslist.org/r/41113/46764/>
Dear John,

 <http://emilyslist.org/r/41114/46764/> With nearly 600,000 jobs lost in the
past month, now is not the time to play partisan politics. But, that is
exactly what the Republicans are doing by holding up President Obama's
nomination of the woman who will stand up for working families: Secretary of
Labor-designate Hilda Solis.

  Republicans have been wandering in the wilderness for weeks on this
nomination. It's time to act. Hilda will add a necessary perspective as a
woman, a Latina, and a member of a working class family. We need to do
everything we can to get our economy back on track -- and Hilda Solis is
going to play a critical role.

 The questions have been answered, and it's time for the Senate to approve
this nomination. But Republicans are refusing to move forward, and they need
to hear from you. That's why I'm asking you to join us in calling on Senate
Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senator Mike Enzi, ranking member on the
Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, to move this nomination
forward.

 Click here to join us in telling Senator McConnell and Senator Enzi to move
to confirm Hilda Solis as the next secretary of labor.
<http://emilyslist.org/r/41115/46764/>

 Over the years, we watched with pride as Hilda became a progressive leader
in the U.S. House, and we were thrilled when President Obama nominated her
to serve in his cabinet. A champion of issues concerning working women, I
know Hilda will bring her experience and proven track record of coalition
building to the Obama administration. She will take particular care to
consider the rights of all workers and the value of women in the workplace.
President Obama knows he needs Hilda Solis as a partner in his
administration while they work to better the lives of working men and women.

And now I need you to join me in raising our voices in support of her
nomination to this critical role.

 Click here to tell Senator McConnell and Senator Enzi to move to confirm
Hilda Solis as the next secretary of labor.
<http://emilyslist.org/r/41116/46764/>

 Thank you for standing with us and with Hilda so that she can provide the
leadership American workers need.

Warmest regards,

Ellen R. Malcolm
President

Make sure you receive email updates from EMILY's List. Add
information at emilyslist.org  <mailto:information at emilyslist.org> to your
approved senders list.

This email was sent to: jac07 at dcn.org. Click here