[Davis Democrats] Hilda Solis confirmed as our new U.S. Secretary of Labor!!!

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Feb 24 18:03:31 PST 2009

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Ellen R. Malcolm" <information at emilyslist.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:01:18 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Breaking news on Hilda Solis

Dear John,

 <http://emilyslist.org/r/44232/46764/0/ZGNuLm9yZw%3D%3D> We did it!
Progressives across the country raised our voices in support of Hilda
Solis's nomination as secretary of labor, and our efforts truly made a
difference. Today, Secretary Solis was confirmed by the Senate and will take
her place as a member of President Obama's cabinet.

 When I asked you to stand with us in support of Secretary Solis's
nomination, I knew we could count on you. Thousands of you joined us in
petitioning Senate Republicans who were standing in the way of this
nomination, and we're thrilled our voices were heard. I just spoke to Hilda
and she's very excited to get to work. She thanked me for our help in making
sure she got a fair confirmation hearing and specifically asked me to thank
everyone who signed our petition.

 Now President Obama -- and American workers -- will have a strong,
intelligent, and effective leader with a proven track record of coalition
building to fight for them during these tough economic times.

Click here to watch a video of EMILY's List staff delivering our petition
and to learn more. <http://emilyslist.org/r/44233/46764/0/ZGNuLm9yZw%3D%3D>

  Thank you for standing with us and for all you're doing to build a
progressive America.

 Warmest regards,

Ellen R. Malcolm
President