[Davis Democrats] From President-elect Barack Obama: new DNC Chairman Tim Kaine

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jan 9 21:14:02 PST 2009

------ Forwarded Message
From: Barack Obama <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:25:13 -0500
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.davis.ca.us>
Subject: Chairman Kaine

John --

Yesterday, I had the honor of introducing Virginia Governor Tim Kaine as the
next Chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

We're in a strong position to build the Democratic Party, renew our
commitment to the principles we share, and continue the outstanding work of
Chairman Howard Dean.

Among his many achievements, Governor Dean launched a strategy to reach out
to Americans in all 50 states -- north, south, east and west.  This 50-state
strategy helped Democrats compete in states where we hadn't in years,
including states like Virginia.

Governor Kaine has seen the power of the 50-state strategy firsthand, and
under his leadership, Democrats will continue to organize and compete in
every corner of our country.

Share your question for incoming Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim
Kaine -- he'll answer as many as possible in a video on Democrats.org.
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m2/4052b140/59ff3c4/5e6b34c6/74b97f49/3020210
915/VEsH/>

Tim is the ideal leader to grow and strengthen this party -- not by
appealing to our divisions, but by appealing to our common hopes; not by
pursuing policies that advance a specific dogma, but by pursuing policies
that work for ordinary people.

As Governor of Virginia, Tim was known for his intelligence, integrity, and
strong economic leadership.

He has a record of putting public service above partisanship, and he knows
that reaching across party lines is the way to achieve progress for all
Americans.

Over the next few days, you'll have a unique opportunity to get to know
Governor Kaine.  You can submit a question online, and he'll answer as many
as possible in a special video next week.

Learn more about the future of the Democratic Party by submitting your
question to Governor Kaine:

http://www.democrats.org/welcomekaine
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m2/4052b140/59ff3c4/5e6b34c6/74b97f49/3020210
915/VEsE/>

The success of our party in the years ahead depends on strong leadership,
but it also depends on a committed membership determined to bring change.

Thank you for your hard work and please join me in welcoming Chairman Tim
Kaine,

Barack

 <http://www.democrats.org/page/m2/4052b140/59ff3c4/5e6b34c6/74b97f56/302021
0915/VEsF/>

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m2/4052b140/59ff3c4/5e6b34c6/74b97f57/3020210
915/VEsC/> .
 This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

 Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.
<http://www.democrats.org/page/m2/4052b140/59ff3c4/5e6b34c6/74b97f54/3020210
915/VEsD/>