[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: turn lame ducks into mighty ducks

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Dec 2 21:56:51 PST 2010

Subject: turn lame ducks into mighty ducks

Fellow Democrats, The Republicans are threatening not to move forward with
any legislation until the Bush tax cuts are reinstated. All 42 Republican
Senators signed a letter indicating that:
>  "We will not agree to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to any
> legislative item until..."

So we need to contact all members of the Senate and the House, the
leadership in both the Republican and Democratic parties, and the White
House.
* Those who are standing in the way of change need to hear loud and clear
this will not be tolerated
* Those who are on the fence need a big push onto our side
* Those who are supportive need to work harder to convince their colleagues
So they *ALL* need to hear from their constituents - you & me. (repeatedly,
until they get it done).
Please call, email, fax, visit and otherwise contact your Congress members:
Urge them to be courageous in the lame duck session and do the right thing.

Your calls matter now - more than ever - to DREAMers, LGBT soldiers &
veterans, and American families who are struggling to make it in a place
where billionaires get all the breaks.
 LGBT soldiers and veterans deserve the right to openly live their lives
with honor.
  Billionaires like Meg Whitman don't need any more money - but the rest of
us working families sure do...

Call your Senators and Senate leadership today - please tell them three
things:
1. Pass the DREAM Act
2. Repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
3. Let the Bush Tax Cuts Expire. Bush¹s time-limited experiment has proven
to be a colossal failure: it has  dug us deeply into deficit and a
world-wide recession , and reversed the surplus of the Clinton economic
job-creating boom of 1993-2000.
Call the Capitol switchboard today! (202) 224-3121

And remember to come to the Davis Democratic Club Holiday Party, Friday
night, December 3, to lighten the lives of those who are heavy-laden.