[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: Modern WPA -- authored by Democratic Congressman George Miller of Northern California

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Jul 14 14:50:27 PDT 2010

------ Forwarded Message

Dear John,

Thanks for signing-on to support the Local Jobs Act. But with Congress just
reconvening for a packed Spring session, we need to spread the word FAST if
we're going to attract enough attention to pass this bill. Can you help
spread the word  ?

http://act.truemajorityaction.org/p/7002/bluepetition?petition_KEY=158

This Great Recession has had a vicious double-impact on local economies:

First, nearly 1-in-10 Americans are out of work; Second, the downturn has
starved local governments of resources they need to fix potholes, hire
teachers and a keep cops on the beat.

I just heard about a way we can solve BOTH problems by investing in public
jobs that put people back to work.

President Roosevelt did it during the great depression with the Works
Progress Administration. And a new law - the Local Jobs for America Act -
can help accomplish the same goal for OUR generation.

I just signed up to support the bill and call for a new WPA. Can you do the
same thing? Click here to get started:

http://act.truemajorityaction.org/p/7002/bluepetition?petition_KEY=158

Thanks!