[Davis Democrats] FW: from U.S. Senator John Kerry-for DSCC-matching opportunity

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Jun 18 17:22:36 PDT 2010

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Sen. John Kerry" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:41:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Tragedy

<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=9uKD%2FQDeQXpyTZJK%2BKQmwRaQC%2FyVLW
va>

 "I think it's a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation
would be subjected to what I would characterize as a 'shakedown,' - in this
case, a $20 billion shakedown." - Joe Barton, R-Texas

Dear John ,

<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=YXXD6Z%2BtI9wKoco9AvhpORaQC%2FyVLWva

On health care, Republicans fight for Big Insurance. On the economy,
Republicans fight for Big Banks. And now, on our Gulf Coast, Republicans
defend the big polluters who made the mess. No special interest is beyond
special treatment.

 We're only five months away from a crucial election, and the choice
couldn't be clearer. Republicans think holding polluters accountable for
this disaster is a "shakedown." Democrats think handing corporations a free
pass is simply wrong. Taxpayers, not profit margins, need to come first.

 The map is shifting quickly, and races across the country are heating up.
What you do NOW will make the difference for the DSCC as they fight back
against GOP attacks. I need you to support the DSCC today. Every dollar you
give strengthens the Democrats' position. And we need all the strength we
can get to counter the Republican corporate advantage.

 Click here to make a donation of $100, $150 or more to the DSCC. The DSCC
must raise $2,622,337 by June 30 to help fight the corporate-Republican
complex. Every dollar you give will be matched, doubling its impact.
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=oxvzsprhDWHHUy1VQIzwNBaQC%2FyVLWva>

 Republicans - aided by Karl Rove's American Crossroads group and corporate
benefactors - have chosen their targets. They're coming after Barbara Boxer,
Patty Murray and Russ Feingold - and the seats formerly held by President
Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

 If we lose these Democratic votes, the Republican obstruction we fight
every day in the Senate will look like child's play. They're already trying
to kill legislation that would hold the polluters fully accountable for the
spill in the Gulf and change America's energy future. With a few more votes,
they can derail every piece of President Obama's agenda. His re-election
could be in jeopardy. And our country will pay the price.

 We can't let them. We've come too far - and have too much left to do - to
allow right-wing Republicans to hand our democracy over to Big Business.
It's time to counter their disdain toward progress with our own
determination. What we do now will make all the difference come November.

 Click here to make a donation of $100, $150 or more to the DSCC. The DSCC
must raise $2,622,337 by June 30 to help fight the corporate-Republican
complex. Every dollar you give will be matched, doubling its impact.
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=XTxjcnsZCAWI9vmsFzvDzBaQC%2FyVLWva>

 The choice is clear. Republicans fight for Big Business. Democrats fight
for you. Stand with me and fight.

 Sincerely,

 John Kerry

<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=RYs2VPe%2F5QEAaEsmb0vSzBaQC%2FyVLWva

  Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, dscc.org,
 and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

   This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org.
 To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email list, please click here.
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=8Vxz6iLfsgXFc8IbHUuAahaQC%2FyVLWva>
 You can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.