[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: Win in Kentucky vs. Rand Paul! Message from Senator Barbara Boxer

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Sep 7 17:57:15 PDT 2010

------ Forwarded Message
From: Barbara Boxer <info at pacforachange.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:43:09 GMT
To: john Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Win in Kentucky!

  Jack Conway is running in a tough -- but very winnable -- race in
Kentucky, and he needs our support. In fact, I'm forwarding an email from
Jack launching his campaign's "moneybomb" today, and I hope you'll join me
in contributing to it. <http://ga4.org/ct/Gd18Z-s1HEM3/boxer4conway> In the
email from Jack below, you'll hear about the challenges he faces in his race
and the issues that will be raised during the next 60 days. Jack Conway,
Kentucky's Democratic Attorney General, supports Wall Street reform and
health care reform. He's been a watchdog for Kentucky families, cracking
down on price gouging by oil companies and fraud and abuse by big drug
companies -- saving consumers over $200 million. We need Jack Conway in the
Senate. This is our chance to help elect a strong progressive leader in a
typically "red state" -- but Jack needs our help to win. Please contribute
to Jack Conway's "moneybomb" today -- and let's help send Jack to the U.S.
Senate! <http://ga4.org/ct/Gd18Z-s1HEM3/boxer4conway> In friendship, Barbara
Boxer
U.S. Senator
------Original Message-------  From: Jack Conway
 To: Barbara Boxer
 Subject: Beat Rand Paul today Barbara,
<http://ga4.org/ct/Gd18Z-s1HEM3/boxer4conway>  It's a sign of unity. It's a
sign of determination. It's a sign that we're going to beat Rand Paul.
Today, September 7th, we're launching our campaign's first "moneybomb," a
single day where supporters from all over the state and the country make
contributions in the same 24 hours. It's a tactic Rand Paul's father Ron
pioneered, and Rand has used it repeatedly so far. If it's done right, it
can create a lot of news coverage, inspiring even more people to contribute
and providing a huge campaign boost. But as Rand Paul has waffled on his
extreme positions, his moneybombs have been fading -- he even announced that
his latest fell hundreds of thousands of dollars short of its goal. Help us
beat Rand Paul's latest moneybomb debacle -- can you make a contribution of
$5 or more today? <http://ga4.org/ct/Gd18Z-s1HEM3/boxer4conway>  If Rand
Paul wins the race to become Kentucky's next U.S. Senator, it would be a
disaster. Paul said he opposes provisions of the Civil Rights Act, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and federal student financial aid, such as
college loans. I disagree. These laws and initiatives reflect core American
values like equal rights and opportunity. We should be standing up for these
values, not tearing them down. And now Rand Paul's latest moneybomb raised
just $258,000 toward his $500,000 goal. I've spent years protecting people
as Kentucky's attorney general, and will fight prescription drug abuse,
something Rand Paul said he does not view as a "pressing issue" in Kentucky.
I supported Wall Street reform, and I will vote for filibuster reform if
given the chance. And I'm asking you to support our September 7th day of
unity and determination for the Conway Fight Fund. Will you click here to
make your contribution of $5 or more today and help us beat Rand Paul by
beating our $260,000 goal? <http://ga4.org/ct/Gd18Z-s1HEM3/boxer4conway>
Paul's supporters are getting sick of him, and I'm surging in the polls --
recent polls even gave us a narrow lead. This could be a big moment for us.
Thanks for your support,   Jack Conway
<http://ga4.org/ct/Gd18Z-s1HEM3/boxer4conway>