[Davis Democrats] Volunteer action opportunity: messages from Al Gore&Nancy Pelosi& John Kerry

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Dec 16 05:44:16 PST 2011

Dear Democrats:

A) Al Gore and U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi write on behalf of the
Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee: To fight against the Koch
Brothers' and the T Party Republicans' undercover war on the middle class--
contributions   made to DCCC will be doubled if made by deadline December
20,2011 midnight. Phone 1-877-4-DEM-FUTURE. Or mail check payable to DCCC,
430 S. Capitol St.,S.E.,  Washington,DC 20003. Or securely online,
www.dccc.org/topsecret.  25 seats are the number we need to win back the
House Majority--this is about half the number Republicans have lost in the 5
previous elections when they've held this many seats.

B) John Kerry writes on behalf of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign
Committee: to protect and extend our 4-seat majority in the U.S. Senate,
your gift will be matched if mailed to DSCC, 120 Maryland Ave, N.E.,
Washington, D.C.20003. Or donate immediately online,
www.dscc.org/FightBackNow. Or phone 1-877-417-8807. To preserve and extend
the Democratic reforms going back to  Roosevelt's New Deal, Social
Security,and  Medicare.

May the blessings of peace and the freedoms of the American Bill of Rights,
ratified on December 15, be shared by you all  this holiday season.

P.S. For these holidays of gift-giving, you may want to purchase a coffee
table book at Sweet Briar Bookstore on G Street near Monticello Restaurant.

Sweet Briar Bookstore, owned and operated by Sharon Segal in Davis for more
than 14 years,  is closing December 24 at 8pm, Saturday night.  Discounted
prices are at 50% as of today.

We are very sorry to see a small independent book  business close this week
downtown; we are thankful for her part in upholding freedom of the the press
and we wish Sharon Segal all the best in her transition to new opportunities
for her and her family.