[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: Vigil for Wisconsin Workers in Sac. Tues., capitol, 5:30

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun Feb 20 22:51:18 PST 2011

Subject:  Vigil for Wisconsin Workers in Sac. Tues., capitol, 5:30

  Dear Margie,Working families are under direct assault in Wisconsin.

 Republican Governor Scott Walker is playing the lead role in the GOP's
campaign against public employees by proposing to end collective bargaining
for most public employees in his state. Working families across Wisconsin,
and in fact across the nation, are taking to the streets to demand justice
and we will stand with them here in California.  Please join us as we stand
with our brothers and sisters in the labor movement, and with all working
families, at the state Capitol for a candlelight vigil supporting Wisconsin
workers.   Date:Tuesday, February 23
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: West Steps, State Capitol, Sacramento   Democratically yours,

  Shawnda Westly
 Executive Director
 California Democratic Party

<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=kfILKUNBKcIGL1K&s=9pJJKWNyHdIKLXPvEjF&a
mp;m=bqLMI0PGIlJPK4I&af=y>
<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=nsJRK3ONIfLNJbJ&s=9pJJKWNyHdIKLXPvEjF&a
mp;m=bqLMI0PGIlJPK4I&af=y>
 Paid for by the California Democratic Party
 1401 21st Street, Suite 200, Sacramento CA 95811
 Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.

 When pressed about the impact of payroll taxes on the economy, FDR said:

³We put those pay roll contributions there so as to give the contributors a
legal, moral, and political right to collect their pensions and their
unemployment benefits. With those taxes in there, no damn politician can
ever scrap my social security program.²