[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: from Gov. Howard Dean, MD-Republican Plan to kill Medicare will kill Republican majority in the U.S. Congess 2012

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri May 27 02:45:43 PDT 2011

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Gov. Howard Dean" <info at democracyforamerica.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:42:29 +0000

Subject: Ilya Sheyman

John -

Paul Ryan's plan to kill Medicare is going to cost the Republicans their
majority in the House.

Just look at what happened in New York this week -- Democrat Kathy Hochul
won a special election to Congress in the most Republican district in the
state. Not even Barack Obama could win that district in 2008 and he won New
York State by 25 points.

Republican Jane Corwin's campaign collapsed after she endorsed Paul Ryan's
radical right-wing plan to destroy Medicare -- and there are dozens of
Republicans across the country in swing districts and even
Democratic-leaning districts who voted to kill Medicare. The road to a
Democratic majority lies through these districts.

One of these districts is in Illinois, where we already have an outstanding
progressive candidate in the race -- Ilya Sheyman.

Ilya is one of us. He's a grassroots progressive and he's putting together a
campaign to win in Illinois. This is a Democratic district and we can win it
and a Democratic majority in 2012 with your support today.

Please join me and contribute $10 right now to support Ilya's grassroots
campaign and elect a progressive majority in 2012.
<http://act.democracyforamerica.com/go/789?akid=869.159090.K2jdm9&t=1>

Republicans took a majority last year saying they were going to create jobs,
but instead they've launched the most radical right-wing assault on the
middle class that I have ever seen. They're trying to kill Medicare, Social
Security, workers' rights -- not to mention women's rights, the environment,
student loans, and voters' rights.

It's disgusting and we need strong progressives like Ilya in Congress to get
the country back on track.

Ilya's worked with DFA members for years. He has dedicated his life to
moving this country forward and we need more people with his vision and
integrity in Congress.

 Contribute $10 now and help elect a real grassroots progressive to
Congress.
<http://act.democracyforamerica.com/go/789?akid=869.159090.K2jdm9&t=2>

The fight to take back the House and elect a progressive majority starts
now. Join me in supporting Ilya today.

Thank you, John, for everything you do. Working together, we're unstoppable.

-Howard

Gov. Howard Dean, M.D.
Founder, Democracy for America

Democracy for America relies on you and the people-power of more than one
million members to fund the grassroots organizing and training that delivers
progressive change on the issues that matter. Please Contribute Today
<http://www.democracyforamerica.com/contribution_pages/109?akid=869.159090.K
2jdm9&t=1>  and support our mission.
Paid for by Democracy for America,
http://www.democracyforamerica.com/?akid=869.159090.K2jdm9=3
<http://www.democracyforamerica.com?t=2?akid=869.159090.K2jdm9>  and not
authorized by any candidate. Contributions to Democracy for America are not
deductible for federal income tax purposes.