[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: Sunday, 3pm-Movie "Why We Come"-from Latin America to Marin community-special guest , The Hon.Cruz Reynoso

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Nov 17 10:56:27 PST 2011

A) This SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 3-5pm, a one-hour movie, "Why We Come," filmed
by San Rafael film-makers,  will be shown at the International House, Davis,
10 College Park,  on the northeast corner of Russell Boulevard and Howard
Way. Discussion afterwards will be led by Caroline Dutton, one of the
film-makers; Eliana Kaimowitz, an immigration lawyer; Jorge Echoa, a young
man who grew up in Esparto and  who graduated from  UCLA; and Alison Pease,a
lawyer and  the chair of the board of Yolo Interfaith Immigration Network.

The Hon. Cruz Reynoso, former California State Supreme Court Justice, and
current  President of the Mario G. Obledo National Coalition of Hispanic
Organizations, will be a special guest. Justice Reynoso, and his wife
Elaine, are recently arrived residents  of  Davis!!!

A story with photograph begins  on page 1 and continues on page 8 of
yesterday's Davis Enterprise.

B) Don't forget  to celebrate and socialize with   the Davis Democratic Club
Annual Holiday Party, DECEMBER 3, SATURDAY, beginning at 6:00pm, also at the
International House, Davis. The break-even cost for staging the party is
$15.  A great buffet dinner and beverages are provided.   You can also bring
and share your own favorite dish. E pluribus unum. We are a multi-cultural
nation  and party.