[Davis Democrats] Voluntary action opportunity: from Senator John Kerry- to retain the U.S. Senate firewall

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon Feb 27 08:21:10 PST 2012

------ Forwarded Message
From: John Kerry <info at dscc.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:11:58 -0500 (EST)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Clueless

 Remember Rick Santorum's big bucks backer who got nostalgic saying women
used to hold an aspirin between their knees for birth control?

<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=VGXg7mW6i61pj%2F%2F%2F7tZ0j8Uk1C%2F8
1hcd>

  John ,

       Remember Rick Santorum's big bucks backer who got nostalgic saying
women used to hold an aspirin between their knees for birth control?

 Foster Friess isn¹t just incredibly clueless or the owner of an awful sense
of humor. He¹s also taking out his checkbook to spend mounds of cash to
paint the Senate red, and he¹s not alone.

 Karl Rove is spending $120 million. Friess plans to target 10 states. Flip
four, and Republicans take charge. We wouldn't have a firewall to stop their
dangerous agenda. Finding an aspirin would be the least of our worries.

 I know what it¹s like to fight a tide of outside cash, and that¹s why I¹m
asking for your immediate help. The DSCC¹s crucial FEC deadline is 48 hours
away, and they still need $300,000. Fall short, and say hello to the Aspirin
Agenda. Hit this goal, and we can hold accountable the extremes of the
far-right fringe.

 Click here to give $25 or more to the DSCC. We can re-elect President Obama
and our Democratic Senate, but only if we raise $300,000 in the next 48
hours!
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=lH3heFllpbUk1IPopTMkBsUk1C%2F81hcd>

 Thanks to the Citizens United ruling, Foster Friess, Karl Rove and other
top Republicans can spend freely in support of candidates. American
Crossroads and our Republican Senate counterparts are both running attack
ads right now.

 And we know what these Republicans want. A nation where it¹s hard to get
preventative care, but easy to lose your health coverage. Where we put the
rights of big polluters above the rights of women.

 The Republicans have Foster Friess. But we have something far more powerful
­ half a million passionate people who won¹t rest until we move this nation
forward. More than 90% of gifts to the DSCC come from grassroots donors.

 The DSCC needs those grassroots donors now! Click here to give $25 or more.
We can keep the White House and Senate blue, but only if we raise $300,000
in the next 48 hours!
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=JWkO8rebuTHiesvOSWvvT8Uk1C%2F81hcd>

 Giving to the DSCC just might be the single best way to put Foster Friess ­
and every other retrograde Republican ­ in their place. Please give now.

 Sen. John Kerry

 <https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=i5Ouvhl57svdx8QO4qcXVNS74hmw77Nf>

  Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, dscc.org,
 and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.