[Davis Democrats] FW: Tactics-by Bill Clinton

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Mar 30 09:42:54 PDT 2012

------ Forwarded Message
From: Bill Clinton <info at dscc.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:07:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: John Chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Tactics

 Democrats know that turning an economy around takes real leadership and a
true commitment to the middle class
  <https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=OZgsG8dZgMT4Deb6wFoM2saxLr93axGJ>

  Dear John ,

 Democrats know that turning an economy around takes real leadership and a
true commitment to the middle class.

 That's what President Obama delivers every day: cutting taxes on working
families, stepping in to save the auto industry, standing up for Social
Security.

 Sadly, he's up against opponents who have no interest in helping do the
hard work. They'd rather divide America than lead it. Just look at what's
happening now -- are we really supposed to believe that women's rights are
getting in the way of job creation?

 But these divide-and-conquer tactics have won them elections before, and if
we're going to protect Democrats in 2012, we need to fight back before it's
too late.

 The DSCC is fighting back, supporting President Obama and defending the
Democratic Senate.  But with just a few hours left to go before a big
deadline, they¹re $260,000 short of their goal ­ will you click here right
now and make a $25 or $50 contribution?
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=8Hx0HhF8i26UaoV5bNYPzsaxLr93axGJ>

  <https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=a0n%2BexIIXHrs2BV0qFWQYsaxLr93axGJ>
We¹ve got a tough fight on our hands. In addition to re-electing President
Obama, Democrats have to defend 23 Senate seats ­ Republicans only have to
win four to take the majority.  And the special interests are going to come
at us with every nasty trick in the book, spending as much as $500 million
to beat President Obama and take the Senate.

 But they don¹t get the final say in this election. You do. Ninety percent
of the DSCC¹s contributions come from individual Democrats like you. And by
taking action at this critical moment, with the White House and the Senate
up for grabs and only 24 hours left until the deadline
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=K1Aag4z%2BLMhdcneDb8YBrsaxLr93axGJ> ,
you can make a real difference in the direction this country takes.

 If we aren¹t ready to fight back, President Obama and the Democratic
majority could be finished.

 But Democrats aren¹t afraid of a tough fight when the fate of the middle
class is on the line. I remember how hard we all fought to win the Senate in
2006, take the White House in 2008, and stand up to the Tea Party in 2010.

 Without fired-up Democrats, we¹d still have insurance companies in charge
of our health care. Our auto industry would be done for. Medicare and Social
Security would be gone. And we wouldn¹t have the Democratic Senate firewall
that is currently keeping these anti-woman policies from becoming law.

 Democrats like you and me are in this to win the tough fights. So I know we
can do this. 24 hours, $260,000 to raise to help the DSCC defend President
Obama and the Democratic Senate. Now¹s the time to act.
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=jU7H%2Fo0FwKtPyGDTuz7UzsaxLr93axGJ>

 Thanks for doing what Democrats do best ­ fighting hard for working
Americans.

 Bill Clinton

 <https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=u6IfUQwyBby9KYM4%2FiZnqcaxLr93axGJ>

  Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, dscc.org,
 and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

   This message was sent to jac07 at dcn.org.
 To unsubscribe from the DSCC's email list, please click here.
<https://dscc.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2=zvKIUGDHBTEbBiE6DQ%2BA3caxLr93axGJ>
 You can also send a reply to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.