[Davis Democrats] voluntary action op: sign petition -Pass the California campaign DISCLOSE Act

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun May 27 09:39:44 PDT 2012

Former U.S. Senator Russ Feingold(D-Wis) ,through the good-government organization he founded, Progressives United, Is circulating a petition in a number of states which would require disclosure of names of donors in campaigns for state elections. This is to limit the damage caused by the recent, unprecedented ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court (5-4) opening the floodgates of corporate money in financing for federal elections.
California is one of the states which is very close to restoring the ideal of honesty and transparency to campaign financing. If you feel so inclined, you may sign onto the petition below which will go to state legislators, especially those who are holding out. Our own state legislators, Senator Lois Wolk and Assemblywoman Mariko Yamada, are already in favor of passing this legislation.