[Davis Democrats] Fwd: voluntary action op: warm donations for shelter

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sat Nov 17 06:43:06 PST 2012

I apologize for this duplicate email.

 But Democrats have much to be thankful for: the November 6 National Election Day was a landslide giving a mandate for the people.

Congressman John Garamendi, State Senator Lois Wolk, and Assemblywoman Mariko Yamada won their elections after hard-fought campaigns.  Neighboring Democratic Congressman Jerry McNerney beat back a heavily-financed challenger. Our former Democratic Congressman Mike Thompson won handily in his new congressional district.

In swing congressional districts, two embedded California Republican incumbent Congressmen were defeated:
Dan Lungren lost to Democratic Ami Bera, M.D., in Sacramento area congressional district, CA-7;
and Brian Bilbray, Republican from Southern California, CA-52, lost to Democratic challenger Scott Peters.

In  other close elections nationwide, NBC News is reporting significant shifts:   In Florida-CD18, where Republican incumbent Allen West has lost  by 1900 votes to Democratic Patrick Murphy.  In Ms. Gabby Giffords' former seat, Arizona-CD2, the Democratic Congressman Ron Barber is leading. In North Carolina-CD7, Democratic Congressman Mike McIntyre is leading.

During this Thanksgiving week, the Homeless Shelter of Davis Community Meals needs : WARM BLANKETS
PONCHOS(preferably water-resistant)
HATS(warm beanies,etc.)
SWEATERS
SCARVES
WARM SOCKS(clean, washed, not necessarily new)
TOWELS
FLANNEL SHEETS
HOUSEHOLD SUPPLIES AND TOILETRIES.
If you have donations, please phone 753-2904 before dropping off donations at the Shelter at 1111 H Street. Thank you for caring for 100% of  the people in our community and our country.
John C. Chendo

Begin forwarded message: