[Davis Democrats] vol.action opportunity: reg.info for friends in other states; space shuttle flyover 9:30am

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Fri Sep 21 08:24:10 PDT 2012

Dear Democrats:
a) Tell your friends in other states how to register in their states  by going to www.RegisterToVote.org and clicking on the proper state. This site also offers charts and visuals from the National Council of State Legislatures, and VoteSmart. Because the electoral College is still critical, our neighboring state of Nevada,for example,  is highly contested.

b)The space shuttle Endeavor , on a nationwide victory lap,  being  ferried atop a modified Boeing 747, will soar over our state Capitol and the Sacramento region around 930am today, Sept.21. It will also be flying over San Francisco, the Silicon Valley, and the Ames Research Center in Sunnyvale, then finally to Edwards Air Force Base near LA. It will eventually be on permanent display at the California Science Center in Los Angeles. Look for it around 9:30 am over Davis. Coverage live on www,sacbee,com which is carrying live streaming from NASA cameras.

c)See you Sunday 330-6pm at the Souzas' residence,2420 Rodin Ave.,Davis,  for annual barbecue of Davis Democratic Club.  Short program around 530pm. Take a victory lap for good self-government.