[Davis Democrats] voluntary action op: Watch TV- Wednesday AM -50th Anniversary of Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech at Lincoln Memorial, DC

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Aug 27 23:09:28 PDT 2013

Like Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address of 1863 , Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech of 1963 did not become famous or iconic until after  gunshot death.

USA Today has run a 72-page Special Edition on this 50th anniversary of the August 28 March on Washington, which is available on newstands  through September 2. This newspaper recommends the following events:

9am-Interfaith Service at the King Memorial, DC, , www.officialmlkdream50.org

930am-Commemorative March led by participants of the 1963 march, www.50thanniversarymarchonwashington.com

3pm-"63 Minutes of Peace"- commitment to volunteer in communities-www.50thanniversarymrchonwashington.com

3pm-"Let Freedom Ring"-inging bells throughout America-www.officialmlkdream50.com/august-28

C-SPAN-TV (channel 95 in Davis) gave comprehensive, continuous  live coverage of events beginning Saturday morning, August 24