[Davis Democrats] vol. action op:New Year's Eve resolutions-including request from Nancy Pelosi for help

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Dec 31 08:10:47 PST 2013

Dear friends:

a)Tonight, December 31, New Year's Eve from New York City, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, from the Bronx and the US Supreme Court, will press the crystal button to lead the 60-second countdown to midnight 2014    over Times Square. Look for the TV or cable or radio or internet channel which you have , keeping in mind we're 3 hours earlier on the West Coast.

b)The movie "Saving Mr. Banks" is a serious movie about redemption   within the family of  Walt Disney and the family of the Australian female creator  of Mary Poppins. It's playing in downtown Davis right now. It is probably too dark  for children, because of its dealing with the issue of alcoholism and an attempted suicide of a parent, but a wise and tender movie.

c)Bill Cosby is coming to the Sacramento Convention Center on the evening of February 22.

d)Tonight is  the deadline for writing a check to your political candidates,which will show strength from the grassroots for this last quarter .

Nancy Pelosi says that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is within a thousand of breaking  I million individual contributions, which will be a record support for a quarter from individuals. Your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar. Phone 1-877-DEM-FUTURE or go to www.dccc.org/momentum or mail your dated check to DCCC, 430 So. Capitol St.,SE, Washington DC 20003.
The Democratic Senate Campaign Committee will have your contribution trip-matched if made by tonight, http://www.dscc.org and it is essential that we Democrats keep our majority firewall in the US Senate.

A Happy and Healthy New Year, cheers, John C