[Davis Democrats] August Calendar of Events for Democrat volunteer list

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Thu Aug 7 23:04:50 PDT 2014

These are events that are being planned for the next few months.  This
e-mail is going out to this list first, because it includes events that are
not directly sponsored by the club.

---------------------

AUGUST
THIS FRIDAY AUGUST 8
This is not a Davis Democratic Club sponsored event.  DDC Board Members and
club members will be supporting this event with their presence.  This is a
letter from Dan Wolk, inviting people to this event at home of Craig
Reynolds.  Congressman John Garamendi will be there.

"As you know, there is a very important, very competitive Congressional race
in our neighboring district. Dr. Ami Bera is running for re-election
following his successful 2012 campaign.

Dr. Bera shares my deep commitment to public service. He is the kind of
leader who puts the public good over personal gain, and is committed to
making the world a better place for our children and grandchildren. It is
important that we keep him in Congress.

Even though many of us cannot vote in his election, that does not mean we
can't help!

Please consider joining me this Friday, August 8, between 5:30 and 7:30pm
for an event in Davis to support Dr. Bera's campaign. The event, called
"Tacos and Bera", will take place home of Cass Sylvia and Craig Reynolds,
234 2nd Street in Downtown Davis. Congressman Garamendi will be among the
many local and regional leaders joining us.

Please see the event invitation (PDF)
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/db4d17c4522c1e90a6eb68abc/files/cbd6e2f2-fa03
-4c6b-b6bc-815bb55742c6.pdf] for more details.

Click here [https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/bera88] to RSVP
online, or contact Daniel Iritani at Daniel at BeraForCongress.com or (916)
287-1232 for more information or to RSVP.

I hope to see you this Friday at Tacos and Bera!

Sincerely,

Dan Wolk

P.S. Friday is also Second Friday Art About in Downtown Davis, so there's
plenty to do afterwards just down the street!"

-------------------

SATURDAY AUGUST 16.
Yolo County Fair
Commerce Building
David Democratic Club Sponsored Event -- Davis Democratic Club Day at the
Fair Booth
Davis Democratic Club is once again in charge of manning the Yolo County
Democratic booth at the Yolo County Fair for Saturday, which is August 16.

Even if you do not have the time to volunteer at the booth -- if you are at
the fair on Saturday -- come by and say hello!  Mariko Yamada is rumored to
be manning the booth from noon until 2pm.  Other club members are suppose to
be there.  You might even be able to see Bill Dodd, maybe...  In any case
the booth will be staffed from noon until closing and you will be greeted by
a fellow Davis Democrat.

If you have the time and energy to man the booth in the Yolo County Fair
Commerce Building, you can sign up for 2 hour blocks.  The chair is Rick
Gonzales.   We have one to two people per time slot, but we can have up to 4
people per time slot.

The sign up times are:
noon to 2pm
2pm to 4pm
4pm to 6pm
6pm to 8pm
8pm to closing

These times overlap with:
1pm to 3pm
3pm to 5pm
5pm to 7pm
7pm to closing

Rick Gonzales can be reached at gonzales_rick at sbcglobal.net or you can
telephone and leave voice mail at 758-2331

-----------------

Other events are coming, but have not been written up yet by me:
Yolo County Bean Feed [DDC sponsored event] in September
Mariko Yamada's Sayonara event [not a club sponsored event, but supported by
many of the board] in October
Hukilau [DDC sponsored event] in October

--
G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President VME Inc.     http://www.vme.net/

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, Recording Secretary & communications Director on the Board of the
Davis Democratic Club, President of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises,
Inc, Secretary-Treasurer of the Board of Directors - Davis Progressive
Business Exchange and communications liaison and board member for the
Business Link of Woodland and Davis.

For public service to the citizens of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2013 Yolo County Concilio Board of Directors Award

For public service to the Democratic Party of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2007 Weir-Willamson Award

Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Reedley - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://vme.net/svm/
Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or
opinions of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, SVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, WBL, DPBE,
or IOOF.