[Davis Democrats] Potluck on Thursday

G Richard Yamagata yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Tue Oct 9 17:00:20 PDT 2018

This list is for the most politically active and community oriented
people in Davis.  Pam Nieberg is a member of the Davis Democratic Club
and former board member.  She sent this in to me for distribution.

Potluck Dinner and Community Forum:
_/Organizing for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion/_

The Sierra Club Yolano Group invites you to a potluck dinner and
community forum on _*Thursday, October  11 at 7:00 PM in the Blanchard
Room in the Yolo County Library*_ at 314 E. 14th St in Davis (near Davis
High and Veteran's Memorial Center).
/
Please join prominent community leaders and environmental organizers in
a wide-ranging discussion about how we can strengthen our work together
to build diverse, equitable and inclusive movements for social justice
and environmental protection in our region. We welcome your input and
ideas./

*_The Roundtable Discussion Panel will include_:
Gloria Partida, Davis Phoenix Coalition and Davis Mayor Pro Tempore
Bob Schneider, Tuleyome
Carol Warren, Saint James Environmental Justice Committee
Skye Kelty, Knights Landing Environmental Health Project
Juliette Beck, Yolano Sierra Club (Facilitator)*

Please bring your favorite dish to share and, to help us strive to make
this a “zero waste” event, please bring your own plates, cups, utensils,
and a cloth napkin. The Yolano Group will provide beverages and reusable
tableware for those in need.

For more information: Alan Pryor, ozone21 at att.net
<mailto:ozone21 at att.net>, 916-996-4811
*
*

*_Background_*
The Sierra Club, the country's largest and oldest environmental
organization, is committed to building alliances that help center the
key principles of equity, justice and inclusion in every aspect of our
work. We are guided by the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing.
We welcome your input, ideas and opportunities for collaboration on this
journey.

--
G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President VME Inc.     http://www.vme.net/

G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Advisory Board, Recording Secretary & communications Director on the Board of the
Davis Democratic Club, President of the board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc, Secretary-Treasurer of the Board of Directors - Davis Progressive
Business Exchange and communications liaison and board member for the Business Link of Woodland and Davis.

For public service to the Progressive Business Exchange of Davis,
Recipient of the 2015 Service Award.

For public service to the citizens of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2013 Yolo County Concilio Board of Directors Award

For public service to the Democratic Party of Yolo County,
Recipient of the 2007 Weir-Willamson Award

========================= The Virtual Markets ==========================
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Reedley - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://vme.net/svm/
Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/

The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or
opinions of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, SVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DCN, DDC, WBL, DPBE,
or IOOF.

---
https://www.avg.com