[DCN-TechOps] Re: [DCN-Webteam] Advice on tape backup system

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Mon Feb 9 19:04:11 PST 2004

Hi Anne,

What operating system is running on the machine that you want to back
up?  How much of the content really changes between backups.  Is some
of it just archived documents?

For backing up a local workgroup server I'd recommend a DVD-R drive.
Many more options for where you can restore your data as many consumer
grade computers these days have DVD readers.  In my opinion that's
better than being tied to some specific model of magnetic media.

That said, I have a client who uses a Seagate Travan drive and has been
quite happy with it.  Quite slow though...
--
David