[DCN-TechOps] Techops committee meeting

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Mon Mar 8 16:18:51 PST 2004

Hi All,

That meeting date/time works for me.

Notes on the server issue: this has arisen because Velocipede is proving
to be a slow platform for hosting Zope and Zope applications like Plone
(a Zope-based content-management system). This is a computationally
intense application. Election night really showed us the bottleneck; we
were seeing 1-2 minute delays serving pages.

DCN actually has some budget to deal with this matter, as our MOU with
the elections office covers hardware improvements. What we need from the
TechOps is a hardware specification and consideration of how a new
application server would fit into our administrative and backup plans.

Thanks, Steve