[DCN-TechOps] Base Specs for App Server

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Mar 12 09:18:10 PST 2004

Great meeting last night! Here are my baseline specs for the app server.

Goal: platform for cpu/ram intensive apps like Zope.

Processor: Performance roughly comparable to (or better than) 2GHz Intel

RAM: 1 GB DDR ECC

Storage: ~200 GB -- possibly configured as two drives in RAID1; At least
7,200 RPM, (10,000 would be nice, but may be too expensive); Ultra DMA
or SCSI

Tape Backup: I hope someone who knows these gadgets better can spec this
part. In any case, compatible with what's otherwise in use by DCN.

--

Steve McMahon
steve at dcn.org