[DCN-TechOps] ARIN Legacy RSA

Robert Nickerson @ Omsoft omrob at omsoft.com
Thu Nov 1 13:12:52 PDT 2007

Hi

>>The downside to not signing the RSA isn't clear to me, but may have
>>operational ramifications.  (Perhaps Rob can clarify this.)  My own
>>review of the legacy RSA indicates that it doesn't impose a material
>>burden on DCN, even if we choose not to release any unused resources.
>>

>I dont think it would have ramifications if we don't sign. It clearly states on their web page they will not reclaim the space:

Note that ARIN will not reclaim unutilized address space from legacy
holders who sign this RSA, nor will ARIN attempt to take away legacy
resources from organizations who choose not to sign it. However, signing
the Legacy RSA contractually locks in a set of rights, and thus reduces
the risk of future change to a minimum.

Id go ahead and do it. It locks us in on these addresses at $100 a year
until 2013 - AMAZING - and they will only increase by $25 per year after
that pt.
Id make sure any templates come from jcrowell at dcn.davis.ca.us and JC do
all the interfacing, as it might minimize the need for additional
documentation if they get it all rom the actual org contact from the
legacy allocation.