[DCN-TechOps] Wheel

Robert Nickerson omrob at omsoft.com
Thu Oct 15 18:40:32 PDT 2009

Hi All

Just a quick note to let you know that we are accelerating out move of
mail off of wheel. Wheel is too fragile with today's increased mail load
and acceleration of attacks. One bad attack, and people now getting
email with 30 MB of attachments, are throwing this 1996 ultra sparc 1
into a tizzy and then it just cant keep up throughout the day with its
delivery duties.

We've been prepping the new system and developing transition plans over
the last 3 months, but the recent spate of delivery issues is forcing
our hand and we are migrating off ahead of schedule this Sunday evening.
Web, and dialup authentication will stay with wheel for a bit but will
eventually go onto the new system.

We dont anticipate any issues for the bulk of the users, but those that
shell regularly will have a slighty different look at the system, and
will have to redo there environment variables.

We wanted to do this a few accounts at a time to not inconvenience
anyone but I dont think we have that luxury any more.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks